Mille Cochin Info

Phew, I've just read through the whole 815 pages of this thread, great work everyone. I'd like to start in MFC myself, tried some posted eggs but none hatched so i'll have to have to try again now we've hit spring here in Aus. I'd love to see how you guys are getting on now- did you ever get to the stage it was an accepted colour in the US?
I dont know about accepted, but they're sold from a site here in the U S., interesting that they will either come out MF or calico.. https://www.mypetchicken.com/catalo...hin-Bantams-Mille-Fleur-and-Calico-p1964.aspx

Phew, I've just read through the whole 815 pages of this thread, great work everyone. I'd like to start in MFC myself, tried some posted eggs but none hatched so i'll have to have to try again now we've hit spring here in Aus. I'd love to see how you guys are getting on now- did you ever get to the stage it was an accepted colour in the US?
I’ve just read the whole thing too. I learned so much! As far as I know, this is still not breeding true anywhere. I wonder if perhaps Porcelain breeds true either? I would guess not. Neither are accepted varieties. Seems most really good breeders (near the end of the thread) have stopped breeding these chickens. I’ve hunted down Amy & Lynne on Facebook (neither come in here anymore I think) and Amy has stopped breeding them, while Lynne is not seen anywhere. She made a post in 2019, but that’s it. It’s a shame because her birds are the closest to correct MFs I’ve EVER seen anywhere. I wonder if she is still breeding them either. If there is a new MFC thread, can anyone perhaps link to it? I’m debating whether I should start one or not, but it doesn’t seem anyone truly breeds anymore. :hmm Pic of Lynne’s bird that I am referring to (I would quote, but that will be hard to find). 6426FD26-5661-4C68-ADF8-0F692BD1D380.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom