Mille Cochin Info

And I let Roscoe out to free range while I did chores and he followed me wherever I went.

So- I was heading to feed the horse and in or yard we have a flower bed with a toilet in the center of it. The photos will tell the rest of the storey!!

And here he is realizing I left and just catching up to me at the horse pasture!!
Love it!

Here's one of my best girls, Dorothy

And Kipper doing what she does best. Since she started laying she hasn't missed a day

and the 2 chicks that I forced-hatched are doing great
big_smile.png

I really like Dorthy!
love.gif

If anybody is looking for some mille boys let me know. I have to sell and make some space to start hatching eggs. I've got 9 different boys in cages that are just emptying my wallet. Plus, I went to get feed today and found out it was $18 a bag plus tax!!! Last time I got it it was $14. I couldn't belive it went up $4. So, if anybody wants some boys let me know. I will be selling everything I'm not using. It really dissapoints me as I had such high hopes for these boys before I ordered them. But, I can hatch my own now. That's a plus I guess.

Another rooster moved out today. Only 2 extra older ones left to sell.

Meantime, I purchased a MF pullet because she is quite lovely, though the owner had no clue who the breeder was. He got her out of GA from a woman living near the state line. I will try to get some photos soon. She was well worth the little bit I paid for her. The guy said make me an offer and I did! He took it! I was surprised! She is in isolation right now and quite lonely but is a nice girl.

Now, I really, really need to start concentrating on who to move to where and in with whom.

Quote:
Yeah, not side sprigs but extra spikes that I don't like. I have no idea what is up with that! Something to work on, I suppose. Geez!
th.gif

Thank you for the compliment. I keep trying. This year I am selling a lot more than I really want to so I will only have about 5 good breeding pens to work with in this variety. Last year I had 8. I think Schmoozle is going with some Frizzle ladies and I won't use him at all this year in the MF. I have plenty of his daughters though.

I can not get outside to get my coops cleaned for winter. Looks like it may be to late. ><
Here's what I could manage to take with a dying camera.

From left to right: the youngest pullet from Katelyn, Partridge based girl in back from Rosalyn Pickens, JJ (Byron x Bridgette son), Amelia (black w/ red hackle leakage from Amy's eggs by the blue), youngest Byron x Bridgette buff columbian x MFC daughter, runty/unthrifty blue from Rosalyn, black from Sutillman, Amy (black w/ red leakage from Amy's eggs), Junior (Byron x Bridgette son), oldest girl from Katelyn.

The girl in the back is my oldest Byron x Bridgette daughter. She has her mom's pinched tail. I will put her back with her dad. The smutty BC is from Katelyn. When she's not in alert mode, she has decent type. Not perfect, but she's wide at least.

Junior, Amy, the young Bridgette x Byron pullet have the nicest type so far. Of course, my black is gorgeous, imo. That blue is looking like she may have some promise, too.

Mmmmm....

That black is a dream... Junior is just as mean as his dad.

I am not keeping JJ. He's pinched.

I need MFC like this.

Now onto the 2 month olds. I didn't take any new pics of the chocolate MFC.

This is a Byron son and I think Mildred is his mom. She's turned quite white

Byron and either Bridgette or Millie daughter. I think Millie.

Millie or Bridgette x Byron daughter.

Millie or Bridgette x Byron son.

Mildred or Millie x Byron daughter.

/\ Two different cockerels... But one is the same as the one pictured above. \/

Bridgette, Millie and Mildred. My girls from Erin.

Millie and Mildred.

I actually have a shortage of boys, but I really want really nice type and color on them.

Reyvaughn,
If Junior and Byron have such attitude problems, why don't you get a new rooster. I'm sure you could find one with type and temperament. They all are beautiful though. I like the oldest smutty buff columbian from Katelyn the best.

Last edited:
The girls are all pleasant, so I was hoping to get a cockerel from Byron that has a good disposition and shape. JJ has a wonderful disposition, but lacks the type I need. I do have a young mottled pullet now, and a mottled rooster that has decent type and a nice disposition. I have options but not many.

Back
Top Bottom