Mille Cochin Info

Hey Amy
frow.gif

Just wondering how those Millie X Mottled cross hens are doing Just a worried grampa wondering how his kids are doing
big_smile.png

Mike

They are doing great! Laying very well right now and I am setting the eggs. Looking super and seem very happy with Xavier! Thank you so much for the opportunity to own these little gems!

Do you recognize any in the bunch? Although this isn't all of them in the pen with him but only 2 are missing from the photo.

Thanks, I thought so, too.
Though the price goes up as she gets older.
People around here either jump at it or say it is too much.
I had a lady drive almost 2 hours yesterday to get some Frizzles and MF and she had a set amount of money she was willing to spend but after showing her what I had left for sale she kinda went over her budget.
hide.gif

I so get that!
lol.png

But a lady earlier in the day said that was way too much! Found out later she sells her chicks much younger than this for that price.
idunno.gif
Oh well, can't suit everyone.

Hey Amy
frow.gif

No sorry I don't recognize any in that bunch But you should get some nice chicks from them Some were an F1 cross with my avatar and some were the F2 cross Again with my avatar So you should get some nice ones On a sad note I lost their mother about a week ago She would put any of her daughters to shame Am I prejudice or what ?
lol.png
But I still have my blue mottled rooster that I am planning on putting over my black hens and then going back with the rooster again to get me some of my mottleds back Sorry Didn't mean to get off subject

Mike

That's okay, Bantyman! I was just teasing you about recognizing them! I have the leg bands on them to tell who is whom because I can't tell just from looking at them either! With a good many in that pen looking so nice I do like to sit and stare.

Sorry to hear you lost their mother! I know you said she was a real looker! These girls have such incredible type and I am very pleased to be able to add them to my breeding pens!
Right now I am not getting fertile eggs so I haven't anything growing up out of this pen yet. Not sure if it is the roo or cold weather or what but a lot of my other pens have good fertility so I will see if trimming later on will help.

Happy New Year everyone!
I'm pretty excited about 2013
wee.gif

Bonnie Blue
Tara
Todd

Edited to add their names .....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom