Mille Cochin Info

Thanks for that explaination! That really helps.
I read about a breeder/judge recommended Tylan 200 for respiratory infections, I bought some and when I hear a bird with the sniffles I give a dose, usually clears it right up immediately. I have one little Buff Barred cockerel I'm going to have to dose again, though. He loves snow, jumps outside everytime I open the coop door, and pecks at the snow on our boots everytime we walk in there, whether their waterer has just been freshly filled or not . He doesn't know snow isn't good for him. .
I can't wait to see pics of your boys!
I've had very good luck with Galimycin for sniffles but inject Tylan 50 if they have a rattle.

Took some pictures recently of The Boys in the Barn
lol.png

Prince
Bran
Dinner
Ivan

Oh, those turned out really great, Nancy! You have such a great photographer's eye! And do a great job of keeping those birds where you put them. Mine hop down or fly off as soon as I let go!

I love Prince! He has such good workable color and pattern.
And naturally, Dinner is most handsome.
I know Bran is going to give you great babies.
Do you have specific plans for Ivan? I haven't bred a rooster like that before so I will be interested to see what you get. I am going by phenotype so genotype may be better than I think.

Thanks guys.
smile.png

Amy, all of my roosters are trained. I even have Prince doing back-flips on command. Just kidding!
gig.gif
It's just picking them up and putting them back up there over and over again, and a little bit of luck.

My original plans for Ivan was for just a calico pen, but he does have chevrons on his breast and he decent type. I have him in with 2 very different girls, Oboe - looks like black mottled, and Loula - more Mille Fleur; good base color and pattern just no breast flowers. I just set his first eggs this morning, so we'll see. These 2 girls are related to him, (all out of Inky, Ivan has a different father) after I hatch a few chicks from them and Bran's pen I'm going to switch them around. The girls in with Bran are completely unrelated to Ivan.

Back
Top Bottom