Mille Cochin Info

I have no problem with it! I assure you, placing my roosters is never difficult.
A few times I have taken them with me to lectures to use as educational props and I have so many people wanting to purchase them that they often have gotten into scuffles over it! LOL

The only reason I posted him here was because I remembered someone wanting him but she has decided not to get him at this time so I figure he and a few others can go to the lecture I am giving next Sat. However, if anyone really wants him before I take him then PM me. I do ship but prefer not to if I can avoid it.

Davony, I don't know how far you are from the Oklahoma border, but I hatched out about 20 chicks and may have some extra cockerels. I will be culling hard for type. I certainly don't want to steal a sale from Amy, but don't want anyone to get discouraged from the project when you have an Okie neighbor!

I've been thinking of adding a Buff Columbian to my own program. Do you have any photos of your Buff Columbians or know where to get some good quality ones in the area?
I am in Mid Missouri. Thanks but I would rather buy a MF roo for my girl as she is already a year old.

I got my buff columbians from Craig Hansen and 2 from eggs I hatched of LuckyPickens.
My best 2 did come from Craig. I don't know if he has any adults but he may have chicks.
I can get you his contact info if you want. He is in Iowa.
Tony

Ah! I had forgotten Craig did the buff columbian. I've seen some of his white columbians. Thanks! I'll get ahold of him on Facebook and see if he may have any extras or any plans to sell some eggs.

No problem on the cockerels. I have two at the moment but I don't want to take a chance and lose one of them before I get another good cockerel to grow.

Good luck on your search! Hopefully there's someone closer to you.

I have no problem with it! I assure you, placing my roosters is never difficult.
A few times I have taken them with me to lectures to use as educational props and I have so many people wanting to purchase them that they often have gotten into scuffles over it! LOL

The only reason I posted him here was because I remembered someone wanting him but she has decided not to get him at this time so I figure he and a few others can go to the lecture I am giving next Sat. However, if anyone really wants him before I take him then PM me. I do ship but prefer not to if I can avoid it.
That's good to hear! I usually just eat my extras. I can't wait to see how these develop and if any are from my Frizzled blue mottled hen...I loved that bird but she passed away a few weeks after beginning laying. Really hope some of these are from her and they decide to frizzle.

I am going to be short a roo soon. Byron's going back to Erin in June and I haven't hatched a replacement roo from him this year. His fertility was down because I didn't pluck him early enough. Geez, I hope I get something good from him before he goes back. I decided to put him back over his daughters out of Bridgette. Their type is a bit lacking and I hope he will fix that. Having Beakman, my mottled, over them is giving me black chicks! The girls already carry (and slightly show) mottled, so why are their kids black (should feather in with red hackle leakage and very little mottling like the chicks I hatched from Amy's eggs).

Amy, you don't happy to have any other roos to sell, do you?

Last edited:
Thank you and to let you know they have been crowing ever since. Their feathers are maturing. I may have to part with one since I only have an EE and SLW hens.
I am waiting to see if the cochin, dutch serama, and silkie cross are hens or roos. They are only 5 weeks.

I am going to be short a roo soon. Byron's going back to Erin in June and I haven't hatched a replacement roo from him this year. His fertility was down because I didn't pluck him early enough. Geez, I hope I get something good from him before he goes back. I decided to put him back over his daughters out of Bridgette. Their type is a bit lacking and I hope he will fix that. Having Beakman, my mottled, over them is giving me black chicks! The girls already carry (and slightly show) mottled, so why are their kids black (should feather in with red hackle leakage and very little mottling like the chicks I hatched from Amy's eggs).

Amy, you don't happy to have any other roos to sell, do you?
What do you mean by "pluck"?

If a cochin has good type, they cannot breed naturally due to fannie plumage ... so, we pluck. I pluck a 3-4" diameter around the vents of the roos and hens then trim with scissors any excess plumage in between feet and on fannie. They look a bit ridiculous but, at least you get babies!

Back
Top Bottom