Mille Cochin Info

I'm not sure what hens to breed him with right now? I have Tuba with Rem.

i'm contemplating the same thing with my guys. I think I'm going to pair off one of Nancy's girls with my boy and switch one of my girls...Pictures here would help. If there weren't so much else to do, coop building, planting, mulching...when I get a plan, I'm going to do a photo line up and run it past you all. Have a great day!

Hatched today-

Last edited:
Hello I got my first mille cochins and was wondering, can I show them? The color isnt in my Standard...

They can be shown as AOV -any other variety. This limits how well they can place. I forget the particulars. I know AOV can not get Best of Class and therefore cannot get to Champion Row and compete for Best of Show. I'm not sure if they can get BB -Best of Breed, but I think they can. I had a White Marans get BB and they are not in the standard yet..

Love the look! I am very curious about the wing position on this chick. I had a chick hatch like this, only mine was much more pronounced. It was almost as if her wing was bent up and backward. It stuck out in such an odd manner on the other side of her back, that she almost looked like a frizzle. She has since grown out of her awkward wing, everything is plastered down, and looking normal. Anyone ever seen this before? Sorry to pinpoint your chick Country, but didn't get pics of my chick's 'bad hair days' and am very curious about this. Hubba Hubba! What a looker!

Back
Top Bottom