Mille Cochin Info

Wondering what you all think these little guys may turn out to look like.
These are from a hen I hatched from Amy's eggs. I posted her a week or so ago. Usually I get black or mottled looking chicks from her, but now I have these 2 that just hatched last friday. These are from her and a columbian roo.

Here is the lighter colored one

I usually get them looking like this but sometimes with more white. This one has red leakage.

I hope I can get an MF roo for her this year. I should have taken Nancy up on her offer to sell me one last year! I just had too many chickens at that time.

They can be shown as AOV -any other variety. This limits how well they can place. I forget the particulars. I know AOV can not get Best of Class and therefore cannot get to Champion Row and compete for Best of Show. I'm not sure if they can get BB -Best of Breed, but I think they can. I had a White Marans get BB and they are not in the standard yet..

I am trying to use him for showmanship and my fair has a feather legged cochin AOSV class or a miscellaneous non-standard breed or bantam class. Which do you think would be best?

Dose anyone have chocolate cochins or chocolate mottled or splash's? I really want to buy some and know they exsist out there... BUT would love to see pics!
good luck on the chocolates, very few people are working with them yet, i believe... splash on the other hand is common for anyone breeding blues. there are some people who breed splash specifically, as they're trying tot get them accepted by apa/aba.

i'll have bbs mottled later in the year, but can't say for sure when. i'm still working on building more breeding pens.

So this is my MF Cochin roo... tried getting a side shot for everyone's opinion on him. Comments please?

I can never get really nice photos.
hide.gif

Hopefully you can see what you need to see with these.
roll.png

Cute chicks! and I think that MF roo is very nice.
Tony (and anyone else), I will probably have pairs for sale in the fall. Lynne has some young birds available now, if anyone's interested!

Back
Top Bottom