Mille Cochin Info

Love the pics Mike.
Great pic of the roo in the light box Martha! I've always heard of those but so far haven't seen one set up.

[COLOR=0000FF]How old are these birds? I met a breeder this weekend who is working on the MF Cochins, he said the birds will continue to add white continuously as they age. Has anyone else here found that to be true?[/COLOR]
I believe that is the influence of mottling, people believe that the lack of pigment gets bigger as the birds age. The white areas grow in the juvenile stage, then reduce as the birds grow, until maturity when the white starts extending again. See my partridge with mottling for an example on a patterned bird. Here is the chick, more white then colour. Gradually again the white starts to go. Starting to fill in on the neck.
Oooooooo! Great pics and examples! Love it!

Nancy, that's your boy in the box! :) We didn't show him, my son used him for showmanship. I should have taken a picture of the whole box, it was pretty cool. I took LOTS of pictures of the 'Chicken Bingo' set up. They mark the bottom of a cage with 100 squares, selling each square for $2, if the chicken poops on your square, you win $100. It was a fun fundraiser, I'd like to do one for our club.

clap.gif
That sounds like so much fun ~

Hey y'all. Just stumbled upon this thread and wondered if anyone had created a standard sized Mille Cochin? I'd absolutely love to get my hands on one if they were being bred somewhere.

Has anyone heard of a breeder importing Mille cochins from Europe? There is a person in my area stating that??? Since I have been on this thread from the beginning I would have seen something like that but thought I would double check.....

Last edited:
me too! and time to celebrate! today is the 2nd day in a row I've collected 2 eggs from my mfc pen. they've been moulting horribly, looks like someone had fun plucking 20 birds at once! and there's only 6 in there. including a 4 month old pullet. LOL

this is Kepiru's big chance... we'll see how he produces. prior to now my main mfc roo was Calico, his sire. but I lost him to predators last month along with one of the girls. I was planning on splitting some girls between them but now Kepiru's got em all. (Kepiru = keeper-roo
wink.png
usually just called keeper)

so glad the coon didn't get him too or i'd really be up a creek... but his type is way better than his sire's, so
fl.gif
the chicks are even better.

Kepiru and a few of his girls...

2 of last years' pullets

such a flattering pose!

my original trio was Calico with 2 blue partridge girls split mille... 1 is still in the pen, I lost her sister. the rest are pullets from the same breeding.
for some reason all but 1 of my girls are blue mille... the blues just seemed to have better type. go figure.

me too! and time to celebrate! today is the 2nd day in a row I've collected 2 eggs from my mfc pen. they've been moulting horribly, looks like someone had fun plucking 20 birds at once! and there's only 6 in there. including a 4 month old pullet. LOL this is Kepiru's big chance... we'll see how he produces. prior to now my main mfc roo was Calico, his sire. but I lost him to predators last month along with one of the girls. I was planning on splitting some girls between them but now Kepiru's got em all. (Kepiru = keeper-roo ;) usually just called keeper) so glad the coon didn't get him too or i'd really be up a creek... but his type is way better than his sire's, so :fl the chicks are even better. Kepiru and a few of his girls... 2 of last years' pullets such a flattering pose! my original trio was Calico with 2 blue partridge girls split mille... 1 is still in the pen, I lost her sister. the rest are pullets from the same breeding. for some reason all but 1 of my girls are blue mille... the blues just seemed to have better type. go figure.
So beautiful. I have no words

Back
Top Bottom