Mille Cochin Info

I guess you can see the icon didn't work-
love.gif
But I "totally" understood. :)

I hear ya~! I'm experiencing the same thing. I just put my Blk Mottled x MF boy in with the Calicos. No one is laying yet but gosh I hope this is the ticket. I can already picture black chicks
hit.gif
Your boy is lovely. I'll try & get a pic of mine today so we can compare.
This girl is 1/2Mille, 1/2 Mottled. I call her Pearl because of her color.

Her color is all wrong but her type was quite an improvement so I bred her to my best colored Mille Fleur roo. I got 2 cockerels that I won't be using but I got a pullet that is buff with just a few spots but has even better type that her mom.
- No picks of the girl yet but this is one of the boys - their sister got all the type in the family

This girl is 1/2Mille, 1/2 Mottled. I call her Pearl because of her color.

Her color is all wrong but her type was quite an improvement so I bred her to my best colored Mille Fleur roo. I got 2 cockerels that I won't be using but I got a pullet that is buff with just a few spots but has even better type that her mom.
- No picks of the girl yet but this is one of the boys - their sister got all the type in the family
Love, love, love, Pearl ~! Isn't it odd how the roos color up as they mature?

This girl is 1/2Mille, 1/2 Mottled. I call her Pearl because of her color. Her color is all wrong but her type was quite an improvement so I bred her to my best colored Mille Fleur roo. I got 2 cockerels that I won't be using but I got a pullet that is buff with just a few spots but has even better type that her mom. - No picks of the girl yet but this is one of the boys - their sister got all the type in the family
I wouldn't mind having either one of them. The boy doesn't look horrible as far as type goes. he actually looks lie he has nice form but not broad enough?

Love, love, love, Pearl ~! Isn't it odd how the roos color up as they mature?
I need to get a better pic of Pearl. She is not hugely fluffy but has an overall balanced roundness. I think she has a pretty head too. She is rather haughty too, not as friendly as most of my Cochins. That is ok as long as she is not mean. She is an excellent broody.
I always name my birds a name that helps me remember something about their breeding or the time the hatching season. The 3 chicks that Pearl brooded all hatched on St. Patrick's Day so they are Fiona, O'Malley and O'Brien. Fiona is stubborn and a littke stand-offish like her mom.
Last year's roos are named for Presidents - I still have George and Ike.

Thanks~~!! I have high hopes for this boy but I don't like the low wing carriage. What does it take to get the "total" package? :)
Black Cochins "hog" it all. At the last show I went to there was a Black cockerel that blew me away at first glance. Sure enough, he won his class and division, (is that what your call the judging tiers?) He just stood out among a bunch of really good birds. Made me think of committing chicken larceny. Good thing my Mom raised me right.

Back
Top Bottom