Mille Cochin Info

I have had such slow progress with improving type. I got a very nice Mottled boy and bred him to a Mille hen. I have one roo, Ike, from that pairing that I am just now ready to breed. (I actually have one 2 mo. old chick from Ike and a Mille girl.)
Ike has much better type than any Mille Fleur in my flock. I am anxious to see how breeding him will mess up color and pattern.
Ike and some calico girls-

I like Ike! He is a cool bird! He will add in a lot to your breeding program.

hubba hubba
droolin.gif
Thank you~! Fingers crossed for success this season......

Mjgimax: love that boy! Great form!

Justin, welcome! :frow

My current roo's name is 'squirrelly', it also happens to be an accurate description of his type. I'll have to get pics. My girl that has the best type is staying in the coop, I have to throw her out to get her to eat and drink. She is not brooding and is loosing weight. I keep a feeder in the coop with her, and she does eat from it, but can't keep water in there as it is not level. This is making me crazy.

I have had such slow progress with improving type. I got a very nice Mottled boy and bred him to a Mille hen. I have one roo, Ike, from that pairing that I am just now ready to breed. (I actually have one 2 mo. old chick from Ike and a Mille girl.)
Ike has much better type than any Mille Fleur in my flock. I am anxious to see how breeding him will mess up color and pattern.
Ike and some calico girls-
thumbsup.gif
it will, but you'll come back to the MF and have better type for it.
& love Pearl's head too

Sorry about your hen Martha, sounds like she's not feeling well. Try a round of Corid maybe?

I have 13 eggs under Tess -- today is Day 21!! One is already hatched this morning, still a little wet, and at least 2 others that I could see were pipped! YAY!! Happy Hatch Day!!! I will get pictures as soon as Momma Tess lets me! :)
Oh, and I have 15 LF Cochins in the incubator that are day 20 today....so many babies this week!!
love.gif

I have 13 eggs under Tess -- today is Day 21!! One is already hatched this morning, still a little wet, and at least 2 others that I could see were pipped! YAY!! Happy Hatch Day!!! I will get pictures as soon as Momma Tess lets me! :)
Oh, and I have 15 LF Cochins in the incubator that are day 20 today....so many babies this week!!
love.gif
Fingers crossed for a great hatch~!!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom