Mille Cochin Info

I have 13 eggs under Tess -- today is Day 21!! One is already hatched this morning, still a little wet, and at least 2 others that I could see were pipped! YAY!! Happy Hatch Day!!! I will get pictures as soon as Momma Tess lets me! :)
Oh, and I have 15 LF Cochins in the incubator that are day 20 today....so many babies this week!!
love.gif
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

I was just celebrating the fact that my garage/brooder room is almost empty but now you make me wish for chicks -
Share some pics please.
love.gif

ok just a heads up... I'm headed for 2 shows in the next month. the VPBA will be at the caroline county fairgrounds north of Richmond VA, and the TVPC show (also ABA nationals) in Knoxville tn...

I've got a variety of chicks I can bring with me, if someone is interested, but they will be staying here otherwise.
a few SFH (possibly a few of leigh's extras), 1 black laced bantam blrw cockerel, a pair of mille fleur bantam cochin chicks (the pullet is split mille but will produce nicely marked chicks). I've also got an ee cross pullet that should mature large bantam or small LF... momma is LF EE, sire is red bantam cochin. yeah he got lucky. LOL as well as a silver grey dorking girl or 2... (mature, going on 2 years old).

pm me if you want more info...

Hi everyone!! I am just getting into this color project. Started it at the end of last years winter. Just now starting to see a glimpse of the fruits of my labor. Now I do know mine need to be a little bit darker especially in the pullets but overall I am in love with this color. Have been since I saw it. Anyways, here are a few of my "Millies". Keep in mind. I started with a millie cochin rooster and a poorly marked columbian cochin hen.

I WOULD appreciate ANY and ALL advice to improve my coloring!! Thanks!!!

MY CURRENT ROOSTER.

ROOSTER I STARTED THE PROJECT WITH

THE HEN USED TO PRODUCE THE PULLETS BELOW.

PULLETS HE PRODUCED.

I haven't been on here in a while.. just stopping by to say hi and see everyone's pics and share my progress.

Tripp, you're going to get gold pullets from that pair but, silver males. You probably already realize this. Silver is a sex linked gene and can be a you know what to get rid of. I would try and get a mottled hen to put with the roo. That will give you more color while adding some type to give you better shaped offspring. You can probably find some close. good luck

As for me, I'm still tinkering with wheaten based (left) and partridge based (right) birds. I have a few males I kept back to put on last year's breeder hens. One is distinctly wheaten with his vibrant orange color while the partridge boys have their fabulous type and mahogany hackle and saddles... These girls are two of 4 girls I kept this year. I lost my roos very early so didn't get much late in the season. Lesson learned (keep a pen of boys)

I am also adding in a little blue and chocolate for fun. This boy has both mille and mottled parentage. His chicks are all hatching wheaten or black mottled.

I plan to keep both partridge and wheaten going.. Aside from the awesome type in the eb birds, the coloring is smudgey... not sure if it will clean up.

Nice to here from you Erin. Sorry you lost your boys. I agree about that lesson, keep some extra boys. I learned that with my Buff Barreds last year. Sounds like you did get some nice birds though. I love that blue boy you have. I would love to have him for my frizzles. I need a little blue in there. :love

This will probly be it for pics until I'm back from Indiana. I'm leaving Monday so here are the best I have right now-

Eli- I'm starting to think he may hold this pattern. It won't bother me if he does.

Floyd- he doesn't have much of a tail yet-

My frizzles-

Rastas-

Mint-

And believe it or not but these 2 girls are the same age-

And Rafael-

Back
Top Bottom