Mille Cochin Info

WE have had 5 straight days below freezing here in Oklahoma. That is very unusual here. I am spending my time dreaming of Spring.
I plan to hatch as many Self-Blue/Black as I can. I have a Black roo over a Self-Blue hen and a Self-blue roo over a Black hen. Of course I will hatch as many Mille Fleurs as I can. Ike will be my busiest roo.

I am getting a sportsman incubator and hatcher so I will hav room for many eggs. Last summer I hatched hardly any Mille Fleurs and lost most to e-coli or something related. I didn't get any Self-blue. I didn't pluck cushions so this Spring I will or I will try AI.

We went to a poultry 4H picnic this summer and one of the kids brought his grandfather and we were lucky enough to have him demonstrate AI for us, I really wish I had filmed it.

ETA: mjgigax, I can't get over how amazing your boy is.

Last edited:
So how has everyone been doing. Not much talk on here lately. I Have still not gotten a single eggs to set in months. I may sell my cockerel Eli. His coloring is really nice for a calico but I don't like his cushion. Is has a couple really high feathers and is quite tight. I do have my other cockerel Floyd though and he is looking really good and has a good color/ pattern.

Mike, I love the rich color in Nigus. Sandy has the sweetest face. Hey, Eli & Harry are great, too~!
That photo makes Eli look pretty good. If you seen his cushion it is really out of wack,He is still young but I'm still not sure if I need to hang on to him. I'm not in any rush to dump him as he is one of my friendliest boys I have. Nigus is my favorite Mille boy right now though. I love everything about him. He could have tighter wings but his other qualities make up for them. Harry is just pretty but is dropping feathers all over lately. This photo was froma couple weeks ago.

Looking good Mike!
thumbsup.gif
love.gif

We've been having storms here and I haven't taken any pics for awhile, but I did take the camera out yesterday to grab some shots of some birds for a friend, and I ended up snapping away
lol.png

This is Ned, Dinner's son. Still one of my very favorite boys

This cockerel is out of Scotty/ Dorothy. Holding onto him to see how he delevops.

Kipper

Joxer with Scotty's boy behind him

I have a couple of cockerels in the chick room who look like little Joxers!

4 cockerels who look like little Ivans

& of course for every 9 boys I have one pullet.
roll.png
I wish I could say those lovely chevrons of hers extend to her chest, but alas, I can't. I do like her base color though.

Plugging away with the MF project
yippiechickie.gif

Looking good Mike!
thumbsup.gif
love.gif

We've been having storms here and I haven't taken any pics for awhile, but I did take the camera out yesterday to grab some shots of some birds for a friend, and I ended up snapping away
lol.png

This is Ned, Dinner's son. Still one of my very favorite boys

This cockerel is out of Scotty/ Dorothy. Holding onto him to see how he delevops.

Kipper

Joxer with Scotty's boy behind him

I have a couple of cockerels in the chick room who look like little Joxers!

4 cockerels who look like little Ivans

& of course for every 9 boys I have one pullet.
roll.png
I wish I could say those lovely chevrons of hers extend to her chest, but alas, I can't. I do like her base color though.

Plugging away with the MF project
yippiechickie.gif

Nancy, I really like Ned and Joxer, and it looks like you got a lot of nice chicks from Scotty. I want one of your little Ivan chicks if you decide to get rid of one. That is still right at the top of my "to get" list in bantam cochins. I have a pullet from Rem and Chipper that looks identical to the one in the last pic.

Wow Nancy and Mike, looking good on all aspects there. I was inspired for photos only mine weren't so cooperative for me today but i did get some good giggle photos

Sporting the latest in yuppie chicken V neck sportswear LOL

The - i have no feet and will just roll everywhere look

you go left i'll go right and i think we can take her

theres a chicken in there somewhere---yup just looks like the heads on the wrong end

Luli taking pity and giving me one beauty shot.

Back
Top Bottom