Mille Cochin Info

Brought home 4 more calico/millie hens.

I now have a total of 4 roos and 23 hens.

I know that thisis a millie thread but I also got a very nice barred roo and 2 frizzled hens. 1 blk and 1 blue. All have very nice conformation and happy to add them to my flock.

Puts my total # at 68 birds :)
Darn bantams are addictive!
Lol

Nancy love the pics of the chicks you got out of Scotty can't wait till spring to start hatching some Scotty babies :)

He really produced well for me - I hope he does for you too, I'm excited about your upcoming breeding season!
yippiechickie.gif

Thanks Martha, Joxer is one of my favorites too
smile.png

That partridge gene jumped in there and went wild. One of my MF girls growing up that came out of Quincy. The type is still there but now I will be fighting to clean up the color in some of my birds. Too much red in my birds already, even with a lot of MF/Mottled crosses.

Finally! Pics! I put a 3rd light in the shed, so I got pics while I was out there doing that and chores.
The shed is almost done. Almost...

Left side from the front. The 2x4's and windows were supposed to go in the south facing wall before it got cold. Ooops.
There are 2 totes under the first set of cages holding a lot of dishes, waters, feeders, the new vents (ooops again), meds that don't freeze, ect. My cages are under the 2nd one.

Right side - the south facing wall. Outdoor cats' feeder & waterer, cat/chicken carriers and misc stuff under these cages.
The cans are my chicken feed. There is grit and oyster shell in the buckets. Look! The timer for the lights is on the wall, too! It's working. I collected 5 eggs today!

Down the aisle. Three pens on the right (5x5, 4.5x5, 3.5x5) and 2 on the left (both are 6.5x5). The aisle needs finished (that 1' open section and the 5' solid plywood bottom will be pine tongue and groove and enclosed so I can use the aisle for a pen, too. It's 4'4"x13" and I am going to squeeze my 19 Ameraucanas in there. They are housed in a smaller area now... I just hope they don't realize they can get over the walls into the other pens. If so, they will go back out to the big 10x10 shed. I was trying to get everyone consolidated into one building for winter. Other than the geese and turkeys, I think I may be able to pull it off!

View from the back in the aisle out to the front of the shed. I wish I had used the pine tongue and groove on both sides now.

I did sweep it, but the birds made a mess already. I still have some molting and they really enjoyed dust bathing in the new shavings. And the dust! I didn't get the new vents in in time so the back window is cracked and I will have to be very vigilante on the condition of the pens now. I bought myself a new shop vac just for the shed for the winter to help with cleaning pens and clean up the dust.

These are the 2 cockerels I still have left from my hatching this year. Still recovering for the tail eater/s.

I love looking at these guys. These are my BC looking MFCs from Byron (BC x MFC) and Bridgette (BC x MFC?). Yeah, they are brothers and sisters. Yes, I am going to hatch out babies from them once I make my final cut. I am still waiting on tails to regrow here, too.

I am hoping Erin (MsBear) sees this one. My first official chocolate MFC pen. The MFCs are Millie and Mildred - my soon to be 4yr old girls I first got from Erin in June 2010. They still lay every other day in the "on" season. Considering they didn't start laying until they were a year old and they are broody 3 months a year, they better still be laying! The girls' first chocolate MFC daughter from this year is in the background of the picture in a separate pen.

More pics to come tomorrow the camera was being stupid and only these pics came out clear. I took over 50 pics tonight. Oh well. Camera is reset and ready to go again tomorrow!
Very cool! those hens still look awesome. All of my girls are crazy broodies but, they lay a lot of eggs and they're massive sized eggs for bantams. I am so jealous of your choc. boy. I have two choc girls and am breeding to split males this spring. fingers crossed if find one that throws choc before they go broody. hahahaah really like that one male you got from me.... he's huge!

Back
Top Bottom