Mille Cochin Info

So here he is!​
Cockerel in the front is just a little youngster I'm growing out​
Here is that little cockerel I'm growing out again, he has some proper feather pattern on the rear end and less deep red with cleaner color. unfortunately all this black is coming in the front end. But think I learned my lesson about shipping them on too quickly. Gonna spend a little more time growing juveniles out this year.​
I did the same thing. Roos looked scaggly so sold a couple off this past summer. Ran into buyer at work and she told me both mottled turned calico and very nice. I didn't believe her cause I seen no promising with them. Then she pulled her phone out and showed me pics and oh boy was I floored. Such nice cushions and did a total 180 in type. So I told her that they looked wonderful and glad she loves them. I kept 2 roos out of 14 I sold/ate... im disappointed with 1, and starting to like the other as he molted and looks much better. That boy dose look very nice. Love the younger one too. Hopefully and he should fill out nicely. Love his color!

Some recent pics of my flock.
I like big butts...
wink.png

Sweet little Dottie

They don't like to walk on it, but they eat it!

Bruce

Blake's thinking of driving South for the winter

one of my grow outs

and Freaky
cool.png

Some recent pics of my flock.
I like big butts...
wink.png

Sweet little Dottie

They don't like to walk on it, but they eat it!

Bruce

Blake's thinking of driving South for the winter

one of my grow outs

and Freaky
cool.png

wouldn't help for him to drive south, we're down in the panhandle right now, going to snow and freezing ice this afternoon and this evening
hu.gif

Haven't been on in quite a while. Love all the pics I missed. I have a lot of pics to post but my camera cord isn't working so now I guess I need to go pick up a new one. My first eggs from this years birds are due to hatch next weekend. I've been saving them forever now but everytime I get around a dozen or so saved somebody is intersted in buying some. SO we will see what Nigus and Harry's chicks will look like from their girls. I am done hatching frizzles for a while until my 2 pullets start laying or I can get a new roo for Peppermint. ANywhere I put her sheget harrassed by every other chicken in the pen.

Coyote Night- your boy is beautiful. Conrats on getting him back.

Justin- I can't wait to see what you get from Scotty after looking at all the beautiful ckicks Nancy got from him.

Nancy, your pics are great as always. I never realized how many boys you have now. Those are wonderful photos with amzing subjects in them. If BLake is driving south for the winter, Freaky is welcome to come east, or any of them really.
lol.png

lol.png

& yup. I've got quite a few boys... almost more boys than girls -- and if you count the chicks in the chick room, then I definitely do. & still there are some cockerels growing up that I can tell it will be hard for me to part with!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom