Mille Cochin Info

Can't wait to see your chicks Nosipho
jumpy.gif

Thank you Linda
smile.png

Just a thought about how I handle broodies; If I'm going to let them hatch any eggs I separate them, so one broody hen has her own eggs. Otherwise they fight over them and the eggs become soiled & shook up, and it kills the embryo.
I collect eggs at least 3 times a day. It looks like Spring might finally, actually be coming and I'll start separating these girls soon. Earlier there were only one or two, but broodies collect more broodies! Now there are so many of them they barely all fit in the box. During our really cold spells the broody hens very graciously kept my MF eggs from freezing, such good little girls.

The two broodies I have at the moment have their own coops as fortunately I just bought eglus and am in the process of getting rid of a load of old wooden pens. Hopefully no more will go broody or I will have nowhere ti put everyone. Have just switched my breeding groups around and feel awful listening to all the squaking and pecking orders scraps coming from the garden! I dont like to leave other hens with the broodies since the broodies collect up all the eggs and then I cant sell them cus never know how long theyve been sat on! So excited about frizzle chucks is anyone else hatching at the mo?

Hey! Hey! Haven't been on in what feels like forever! **** long winter! Thank goodness Spring has popped finally! Been catching up on all the missed stuff...looks like you all are just as happy about "chick season" as I am!
Have 15 MF/Calico eggs ready to go into the incubator! This is the quad I am working with currently:

Hey! Hey! Haven't been on in what feels like forever! **** long winter! Thank goodness Spring has popped finally! Been catching up on all the missed stuff...looks like you all are just as happy about "chick season" as I am!
Have 15 MF/Calico eggs ready to go into the incubator! This is the quad I am working with currently:

hello I dont think we have met before! Lovely birds. Your rooster is an unusual colour he is half light and half dark. Will be interested to see the shades your chucks come out!

Yeppeeee!
My hatchin eggs from fancy feathers arrived today!

Had to go to post office to pick up chicks for work (TSC) and asked if anything came in for me qnd yep! Nancy's eggs arrived!

Box was a lil crushed but all eggs was snug as a bug! Hopefully nothin gpt scrambled and I get a great hatch rate... of girls! Lol!

Thank you Nancy and cant wait to see what hatches!

Now waiting on my other 2 doz that should be here tomorrow!

So I don't have any mille pics to share but thought you all might like to see some photos of the first ride I have been on this year. So, how has everybody been lately. It's been really busy here. (Photo should blow up if you click on it)
oh cool, i would love to sit on that bench and just take all that beautiful scenery in,

Got all 3 doz of my millie eggs!
42 eggs total! Yepee!
I even got a bonus of a couple splash & blue mottled too!

Got 6 special broody girls seperated and being my mommy's for these precious eggs! Now the loooong wait ;)

Wish me luck and girls!

Back
Top Bottom