Mille Cochin Info

Just went out and checked chickies again and the one I didn't think was going to make it is walking around eating and drinking! Yeah! I'm so tickled. If he wouldn't have peeped when I picked him up out of his shipping box he would be in the garbage right now because I thought the little guy was DOA! Nancy, 4 yellow and 4 black! How old will they be before I can tell what their pattern will be? I know, you're going to tell me a year.

I'm so glad the little black one perked up! The box looked like it had been tipped up on it's end somewhere along the way. .. for as much as the PO charges for Express shipping you'd think they'd be more careful with live birds. I meant to ask if the heat pack was still warm?
So glad you've got 8 little chickies! They'll grow and change for a year, but you should start seeing pattern as soon as their feathers start to come in. The blacks are MFs, and if they're boys they may look like Jox or Oscar - they'll start out looking mottled, then get more and more red as they grow. Thanks for sharing the pics!
love.gif

Yup that was a great idea giving them vitamins and electrolytes. I'm sure that's what saved those 2.

Darling cockerels, Shylee!

Her mother was Piccolo who looked mottled with leakage, so hopefully they will! My boys, too, can start out very white and lose most of it by maturity.
Here's a recent picture of one of the roosters I got from you, I love this boy!

I have 15 eggs in the incubator from my breeding quad! They are on day 10! :)

I have these 2 MF roosters that I am looking to get rid of ..... too many roosters around!! HAHA!
PM me if you are interested. $5 each

This guy (above) is Tiny. I like his coloring, but not thrilled with his type. He is a smaller rooster. 12-18mos

This guy is Burke. He has better type and coloring isn't bad either! 12-18mos

Back
Top Bottom