Mille Cochin Info

His parents are Nigus and Tuba. I agree that he is looking he will change a lot. For a while he was solid white with a brownish wings but now you can start to see color coming through all over him. He is definitely one I'm watching closely.
Mike, he really looks like he has potential~! Definitely a "keeper" at this point :)

Mike, he really looks like he has potential~! Definitely a "keeper" at this point :) 

He really has impressed me in the last 2 months. When he first started to feather out I immediately judged him and thought he was gonna be on the road to the auction. However, now I look at him and he is one if the last cockerels I would sell now. Some of the ones I preferred as month olds I don't care for as much now. I'm still hanging on to everyone for at least one more month.

Aw Mike!
love.gif
Love your pics

Hi There,
I just purchased a trio of 4-month old bantam cochins that the gal thought were Calicos. (I do Marans, so this is all new to me! but groovy! :)
Looking on this thread and the Calico cochin thread, the two pullets look like they are sort of standard mille fleur coloration, so please let me know if that is correct. But what is the dude? He is a really pretty blue something...

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hi There, I just purchased a trio of 4-month old bantam cochins that the gal thought were Calicos. (I do Marans, so this is all new to me! but groovy! :) Looking on this thread and the Calico cochin thread, the two pullets look like they are sort of standard mille fleur coloration, so please let me know if that is correct. But what is the dude? He is a really pretty blue something... Thanks for any help you can give!
I had some hatching eggs from a breeder here in the uk who has a cockeral just like your guy. She calls him blue millefleur. His pattern could be more consistent across his body I guess. He is very handsome. Im sure other more knowledgeable people will have a better idea.

I have a few pics to share now my chicks sre starting to grow.

funny little pullet. Not sure how she's going to turn out but she's so funky she can stay for now!

4 week cockerals

9 week old pullets

chilling with mom

blue mf on a light base. Not very good pattern thougg

Hi There,
I just purchased a trio of 4-month old bantam cochins that the gal thought were Calicos. (I do Marans, so this is all new to me! but groovy! :)
Looking on this thread and the Calico cochin thread, the two pullets look like they are sort of standard mille fleur coloration, so please let me know if that is correct. But what is the dude? He is a really pretty blue something...

Thanks for any help you can give!

Hey, those girls look exactly like the results i get from breeding mottling into partridge, see my hen for comparison.

Yours is very pretty, too! I just am trying to figure out if mine are correct or what would be the standard? I suppose another two or three months and they will look better...

Nosipho, I love your little frizzle.

Andycap, that hen is really interesting. I like it.
wink.png

And tuba's chicks are hatching here- she has 7 but none of the are from her eggs. The father to them all is Harry and the mothers are Sandy, my 2 frizzle pullets Mint and Spearmint, and Rugar!! Can't wait to see them mature!

Back
Top Bottom