Mille Cochin Info

Country boy...

No babies yet from him

I want to get some nice gals for him and only have a couple. Just been to busy/lazy to separate to get them.

I did buy some eggs from a breeder with a beautiful flock to hatch out to improve my type but as shipped eggs go. I had my 1st mishap from the post office scrambling them. I even caught the guy bouncing the box from hand to hand as he was bringing me my package. I freaked as the box was marked all over it that it was fragile. But apperarntly he couldn't read. So I'm gonna save some $$$ and try again real soon as I want some of that breeders wonderful chicks. And this time I will talk to someone that I know at the PO to take care of them when my next package comes in that way this don't happen again. Lol

Cockerals grow out pen

Well, MFC breeders. Seems I have returned.
I am back because the one male I kept "just in case" and my accidental choc Orp x MFC hen are giving me chocolate Mille Fleurs. Here, the male carries a chocolate gene. I have hatched 4 chocolate males from him. I had 2 come out looking like a chocolate buff columbian and 2 that look like this:

Then, I have 4 girls I kept.
Girl 1:

Girl 2:

Girl 3:

Girl 4 & sister:
A choc mottled compared to her black mottled sister.

And their feet.

My 2nd boy.

His feet...

I discovered another choc mottled pullet in the brooder. I thought she was a choc x solid black cross.
So, I guess I am back!

I'm soooo jealous!!!

Im trying to get chocolates too and I myself... None. Some eggs I sold... People are getting them. My luck. Lol

They are beautiful and love the mottled chocolate.

Some of the kids in a sale pen. I haven't hatched near as many MF this year as I usually do but still seem to be selling the majority growing up because they are not what I want or need.

Though I haven't hatched as many MF Frizzles as usual, I still am getting some awesome offspring. It seems I make more beautiful MF Frizzles than I do smooth MF. I'll take that!

And then, of course, they are just so blasted adorable!

Some of the kids in a sale pen. I haven't hatched near as many MF this year as I usually do but still seem to be selling the majority growing up because they are not what I want or need.

Though I haven't hatched as many MF Frizzles as usual, I still am getting some awesome offspring. It seems I make more beautiful MF Frizzles than I do smooth MF. I'll take that!

And then, of course, they are just so blasted adorable!

Beautiful Amy. I am still striving to get some frizzles like yours. I want to replicate ones like Peppermint but am not having the greatest luck.

Here are sme pics of my 5 older cockerels. Thoughts on them?

My Nigus look alike. I call him Nigal. Yes, I know, its very creative but that's the best I could do with him. Lol

Face off with Ranger

Ranger

Feather. He is probly my favorite of the bunch.

And this little guy doesn't have a name but is really friendly. He has orange foot feathers but no other leakage yet.

All 4 boy.

And the frizzle

I really like your Feather and your Mottled looking boy. I have a cockerel that looks like Ranger but he won;t be staying here. He is from a pet pen that the hens hatched out.
You are really getting some great type on your birds! Love them, Mike!

Back
Top Bottom