Mille Cochin Info

My older gentleman, Xavier. Still going strong and still producing offspring, though not at the moment with all the broodies and molting hens. But this year he fathered a good many from the MF Frizzle hens.

Here's my newest lil man I hatched out from eggs I bought. Not sure if he's Nancy s or Roslyn s but I just love this lil guy. I named him Sebastian. What do ya all think.

She is bred the same as your Peppermint! Probably sisters!

Xavier was hatched here in 2009. He is my oldest MF rooster and a foundation of my bloodlines. I call him an old man but I have two 8 year old Silkie roosters still producing great.

I had several "breeders" tell me at the start that he wasn't worth using. Those "breeders" are no longer in MF and yet I am still using this mighty man! He has given me some excellent offspring. I have so many of his lineage and will keep on using him as long as he is happy with the arrangement.

Sorry to bomb this thread lol. But I've got a question. Can anyone tell me what a "perfect" mille fleur is supposed to look like? What are breeders shooting for? I have jus been told I have a decent girl worth breeding and I would like to know what to aim for and how to pick out a nice roo.

Type here is good but pattern is more calico

Her pattern is better for millie

This is my blue millie and I like both her type and millie pattern

Heres another blue millie with nice pattern and type

Heres 2 more millies but not they best type but the one on the right has a great pattern

Im sure others will chime in too.

Back
Top Bottom