Mille Cochin Info

I would say the Millie pattern no matter the color (blue,buff,red, or purple) :) would be ideal as long as the pattern is just like a mille fleur duccle pattern.
The feather should be 1 solid color with black and white tipping. Throughout the whole bird.
The type (conformation) should be full and round. With correct skin and eye coloring and proper feathering on feet's and legs to buns and wings.
I've seen lots of nice birds including folks here but not with the exact Millie pattern as a duccle yet BUT CLOSE.
Its hard to get both but folks are working on both type and pattern. I personally think type is more important and pattern is 2nd. Then go from there on combining both.
I myself have pets. I am learning and although I have calicos with not so good pattern, I'm trying to better the type. If I loose some color its OK to me. My type sucks currently and really trying to better that as my main focus. I prob will never get that "perfect" Millie pattern as it will take yrs and generations. However... I like the calico pattern too just as much as Millie. So since my focus is type... That's my main objective currently and buying stock from quality breeders that have beautiful birds and cross my fingers that their stock will improve mine.

Just thought I would share some pics of my 4 older cockerels. It's been a couple weeks since I shared and thought they have changed a lot since then. Feather, Ranger, and Motley are all full brothers I hatched from Nigus and Tuba.

First up is Feather. I find it hard to believe I was planning on selling him after he hatched for a good 3 months. I did plan on keeping his 2 brothers though but I ended up seilling them not to long ago as he ended up being a greater attribute to my project than they would have. He started to change a lot going from a solid white cockerel to starting to get nice color and then he started getting some chevrons. I can see he is still far from perfect and still will be once fully mature but I think he is the favorite of what I hatched this year. I'm hoping he will have the type like Nigus and and that he can fill Nigus's place after losing him 3 weeks ago to my neighbors dog. I am thrilled about him as of now though. Thoughts???

Then I also have Ranger. I plan on keeping him but who knows I guess. A lot of people have wanted him just as a free range boy to watch. I really like his color though. He hasn't got a flake of white on him though.

Motley looked like a mottled boy up until a few weeks ago when the red leakage started to come in on the wings and now its came into the hackles. He just keeps getting whiter and whiter though and I was wondering if I bred that in it would cause excessive white in his chicks as well? I don't really know what hen I would pair him with but he is just so friendly I don't think I could part with him.

And my fourth cockerel hatched from Harry and Rugar. I re checked his "records" and for a while I thought he was from a different pairing. But he was another chick who hatched a dirty yellow color and feathered out white and the drastically changed in the past month. He was so yellow I thought he hatched from my buff barreds vbut had no idea how since I hadn't set any of there eggs. I thought all my records where wrong and had no idea what I had correct still and wrong. I was a mess. But anyways, does anyone have somewat of an idea what he will look like? I call him Smore's. My brother named him.

Ooh Mike, I love them all!!
love.gif

I would say the Millie pattern no matter the color (blue,buff,red, or purple)
smile.png
would be ideal as long as the pattern is just like a mille fleur duccle pattern.
The feather should be 1 solid color with black and white tipping. Throughout the whole bird.
The type (conformation) should be full and round. With correct skin and eye coloring and proper feathering on feet's and legs to buns and wings.
I've seen lots of nice birds including folks here but not with the exact Millie pattern as a duccle yet BUT CLOSE.
Its hard to get both but folks are working on both type and pattern. I personally think type is more important and pattern is 2nd. Then go from there on combining both.
I myself have pets. I am learning and although I have calicos with not so good pattern, I'm trying to better the type. If I loose some color its OK to me. My type sucks currently and really trying to better that as my main focus. I prob will never get that "perfect" Millie pattern as it will take yrs and generations. However... I like the calico pattern too just as much as Millie. So since my focus is type... That's my main objective currently and buying stock from quality breeders that have beautiful birds and cross my fingers that their stock will improve mine.

PURPLE! i would love to see a purple one, do you have a pic?

Back
Top Bottom