Mille Cochin Info

I would hang onto snores a lil longer. He was a cutie chick... And maybe going through a not so cute stage... But might turn out exactly what ya want. Don't give up on him just yet. He's still young.

I have 19 boys I'm watching grow. Culled a few... May cull a few more but still got my fingers crossed.

Nosipho I think he's absolutely beautiful. Looks perfect according to your standard
love.gif
thumbsup.gif

Lovely birds Mike!
love.gif

And Nosipho, I absolutely and so jealous over those boys you have there. They are definitely something I could use here. Maybe I'll be lucky next spring and get a boy like them. Absolutely stunning!
oh thank you so much that means a lot as these are my second generation great to know I'm doing something right I have some great pullets from this year too. It's a bit of a mud bath at the moment but will try and get some pics. Dante Sr seems to send a lot more of his genes to the cocks than his daughters.

So here are those long overdue pictures I promised. Sorry they are like 2 months late. I got mostly my 3 cockerels and a couple frizzles as well as this one Columbianish patterned pullet I kept. He is the columbianish pullet. She has faint black coming through on her hackles and smudges of it down her back into the cushion. She is rather small but I figured she could be worth hanging onto for one reason or another. Now, he is my frizzle rooster. He is my last chick from Peppermint and has her markings except he is this red color rather than the vary light buff of Peppermint. Really need a name for this guy. Any suggestions would be great. Here are my 2 frizzle pullets. I'm liking them both a lot. Really excited to hatch from them this spring. And here is my best looking boy as of now. This is Feather, not the greatest pattern but better than his father. He has good wings, yet his cushion I can't really tell as I have a feather puller and most feathers in his cushion are broken off. He is pretty wide though and I'm hoping to get some decent chicks from him once my girls begin to lay. But even though he is farther off than many of the roosters I've used in this project, I'm hoping he can help a little bit better just because of the different birds I have into his bloodlines. And then there is my boy called Smores. He isn't what I hoped but Im not about to lose all hope on him yet. I really like his dark pattern as all my girls are extremely light with little or no pattern whatsoever. Fingers are crossed he fills out nicely but he reminds me a lot of my Rem from a few years back. Overall decent conformation, but not rally to wide and has a tight cushion. But this guy is around 4 months so I'll give him a while longer to try and impress me in ways besides color. I don't have anything growing out to replace him so it's not like I need his space. Let me know what you all think. These definitely aren't my best and I probably could have made better choices as of what roosters to keep this year, these even could be a step backwards but I'm hoping they will pay off for me in some way.
I like he frizzle cockeral he has nice tail placement for a grizzle! I would call him ginger nut kind of ties in with peppermint

So here are those long overdue pictures I promised. Sorry they are like 2 months late. I got mostly my 3 cockerels and a couple frizzles as well as this one Columbianish patterned pullet I kept.

He is the columbianish pullet. She has faint black coming through on her hackles and smudges of it down her back into the cushion. She is rather small but I figured she could be worth hanging onto for one reason or another.

Now, he is my frizzle rooster. He is my last chick from Peppermint and has her markings except he is this red color rather than the vary light buff of Peppermint. Really need a name for this guy. Any suggestions would be great.

Here are my 2 frizzle pullets. I'm liking them both a lot. Really excited to hatch from them this spring.

And here is my best looking boy as of now. This is Feather, not the greatest pattern but better than his father. He has good wings, yet his cushion I can't really tell as I have a feather puller and most feathers in his cushion are broken off. He is pretty wide though and I'm hoping to get some decent chicks from him once my girls begin to lay. But even though he is farther off than many of the roosters I've used in this project, I'm hoping he can help a little bit better just because of the different birds I have into his bloodlines.

And then there is my boy called Smores. He isn't what I hoped but Im not about to lose all hope on him yet. I really like his dark pattern as all my girls are extremely light with little or no pattern whatsoever. Fingers are crossed he fills out nicely but he reminds me a lot of my Rem from a few years back. Overall decent conformation, but not rally to wide and has a tight cushion. But this guy is around 4 months so I'll give him a while longer to try and impress me in ways besides color. I don't have anything growing out to replace him so it's not like I need his space.

Let me know what you all think. These definitely aren't my best and I probably could have made better choices as of what roosters to keep this year, these even could be a step backwards but I'm hoping they will pay off for me in some way.
Mike, Feather is going to be gorgeous. He just needs to mature. His type is awesome. You need to breed him to a Black Mottled or BM x MF. Little Ginger Nut will be great with your less than perfectly patterned (light) girls. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. :)

What do you think of these boys?

Mike, Feather is going to be gorgeous. He just needs to mature. His type is awesome. You need to breed him to a Black Mottled or BM x MF. Little Ginger Nut will be great with your less than perfectly patterned (light) girls. Don't throw the baby out with the bath water. :) What do you think of these boys?
Lynne, I love your first boy. The dark feathers with all that white is superb. I like it a lot. And the other to are very nice as well. It looks as they all have good type as well.

Lynne, I love your first boy. The dark feathers with all that white is superb. I like it a lot. And the other to are very nice as well. It looks as they all have good type as well.

I also love the first boy. His type is fab. To get more colour back in try and find a nice black mottled split mf or a nicely marked mf girl with quite a bit of red. Ooh I would love him on the hunt for an unrelated cockeral atm but it's a little far to travel!

Back
Top Bottom