Mille Cochin Info

I'm curious which hatchery has calicos as I didn't think any did.

And for backyard love,there's nothing wrong with them. I have 40+ of the same type in my coop too. I love mine to death. Lol

And for show/standards folks. I can't blame them at all pointing out faults. Its their passion to breed the best. And totally understand where they want folks to breed for the best as so many breed to breed for any reason of their own. They may come off harsh, but as someone who's trying to better the type, I do understand the frustration.
And I'm sure they don't mean to be offensive. But it happens.

I breed and own show quality mini horses. And feel the same way when it comes to folks breeding them when I personally feel there flooding the market with junk. So coming from a breeders aspect, I get it. Cause I've def offend folks too. And unfortunately prob still will without thinking of the persons feelings. I try not to mean harm. But its a passion for me. Lol

So don't take nothing to heart even tho its hard.

I know my birds are poor quality vrs standards. But I'm trying to better my type and learning as I go. And do sell eggs to help cover expenses and I'm sure I'm a thorn in a better breeders side. But oh well. It is what it is. And nothing will stop me.
goodpost.gif

My chocolate MF project took a hit on Sunday. Bear died. It was a bit of a blessing in disguise, though. While he did carry the chocolate gene, he was more Orp than Cochin in type and he was a mean SOB. You couldn't walk past his door without him trying to attack you through it. I was about to just say forget it all since I didn't and still don't want to do MFCs anyways. But... Thanks to someone on here, I decided I am not going to throw in the towel that easily. I still have Kodiak, Bear's son, who shows choc, the single choc girls I bred last year, I just got a mottled hen and roo from Becky Salinger to help my project and I got eggs off Nancy. I also got back a pair of chocolate bantam Orp hens I bred last year. Seems the true bantams are not as easy to get again. Last year everyone had them so I had thought they would be!

Back
Top Bottom