Mille Cochin Info

A couple of my pullets at 16 and 14 old.

Last edited:
I plan to cross her with this roo:
MilleRoos3-1.jpg

MilleRooNo3.jpg

MilleRoo_3.jpg

DOWN IN FRONT! LOL Not the best pic, but I was trying to show how brillantly red he is!
Creve_MilleNo3.jpg
Your roo looks a lot like mine, do you classify yours as a calico? I was told mine was a calico when I got him but he never developed a lot of white. He is 4 months old in this photo? Will his first molt change his coloring any? Thoughts?

anyone having problem with Calico chicks having bad legs or just not being very healthy ? My last two or three batches have issues with their legs that develop after a couple weeks of age. They are in brooder with other breeds that have hatched at same time, but only seems to affect cochin chicks. I have also had adults develop lameness. If it is a hen, she remains healthy enough to continue laying, but gets slowly worse at getting around. Here again this is not present with other breeds in the same pen. I am wondering if the recent development of this color variety has them inbred enough to cause health problems? Would welcome your comments.

anyone having problem with Calico chicks having bad legs or just not being very healthy ? My last two or three batches have issues with their legs that develop after a couple weeks of age. They are in brooder with other breeds that have hatched at same time, but only seems to affect cochin chicks. I have also had adults develop lameness. If it is a hen, she remains healthy enough to continue laying, but gets slowly worse at getting around. Here again this is not present with other breeds in the same pen. I am wondering if the recent development of this color variety has them inbred enough to cause health problems? Would welcome your comments.
i'm not having any problems , other than out of the six i hatched, five are males
lol.png

anyone having problem with Calico chicks having bad legs or just not being very healthy ? My last two or three batches have issues with their legs that develop after a couple weeks of age. They are in brooder with other breeds that have hatched at same time, but only seems to affect cochin chicks. I have also had adults develop lameness.  If it is a hen, she remains healthy enough to continue laying, but gets slowly worse at getting around. Here again this is not present with other breeds in the same pen.  I am wondering if the recent development of this color variety has them inbred enough to cause health problems?  Would welcome your comments.

Sounds like mareks
I would stop breeding if this is happening
No good will come from it ever.
I would cull and cull hard...
Or a bad genetic and again... 3 batchs and bad parent stock... not something that should be bred and possibly sold and entered in the world and more gene pools. Again, cull and cull hard...

Start over and find a responsible breeder and go from there. But do not use what ya have...
Good luck. And sorry to hear this about ur lil feather babies.

Last edited:
I just wanted to introduce my new girl to this thread...I would love any feedback from those on this thread that are familiar with this color. She is a blue and she is approx. 6 months. Thanks to all!

Back
Top Bottom