Mille Cochin Info

Pics
Oh. I have silver columbian.

You could try Lynne. She has two hens that might be in a pen with mfc. Tom Roebuck might sell eggs. He's cochinman2005 on here. Don't know where else to try. They are hard to come by.

Last edited:
Quote:
I was contemplating the silver just because I wanted to see what it looked like crossed with my MFCs. But that's probably a bad idea, so I decided to only wonder in my head. Tom's sold out (already asked). Found a couple others, one person has a trio but wants to see if they are sold at the Ohio show rather than ship (which means most likely they'll be sold).

Which is why I figured out yesterday that if I'm meant to get one, I will. I should just be patient and all that jazz
smile.png

Erin has some wonderful columbian cochins...(her rooster is so good, that he snuck in the MFC pen, and I got all Columbians.
wink.png
big_smile.png
On a serious note tho, I did get some pretty nice columbian chicks.

I thought those crosses might be helpful for the candy cochin project.... we'll have to see how they feather out.

Last edited:
OOOOOO! I LIKE "Mille Fleur Jubilee" and "Mille Fleur Splash" !!!

Do you think they would be appropriate though, since they wouldn't have the "main" buff/mahogany coloring of a typical Mille Fleur???

I like jubilee. That way they would be given more respect as a real variety later on.

Jubilee is the name given to mille fleur colour Orpingtons. They were named that was because they were developed in celebration of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, in 1897 & were initially called Diamond Jubilee Orpintons.​

Actually, that might make it an even MORE fitting name. Since the "Jubilee Cochin" would designate the 'excess white' birds as having sprung from the MF project.

This is very helpful! Thank you guys!!

;-)

Of course, "Calico Cochin" is winning a lot of votes on the MFC Yahoo Group site...
(even more than my beloved "Candy Corn Cochin"! :-(

Last edited:
Quote:
Sheperdess,

I love the "Candy Corn Cochin" that is a great name. Your babies are all beautiful. I noticed on your blog that you got some from Oklahoma recently. I have been trying to figure out somebody in my area that I may get some Mille Fleur Cochins. I am absolutely in love with them. I would love to see if they have any more for sale or any eggs coming up that I may hatch.

Kate

Back
Top Bottom