Mille Cochin Info

Pics
Quote:
TimK on BYC is in central Oklahoma. I got my trio from him, and Nancy got several pullets from him as well.

Are you on the Okie thread?

Quote:
I actually started giggling when Nancy said that someone didn't get a vote, she was teasing I'm sure... I said "Wow, that was harsh!". I voted in the poll, I did my part
tongue.png

I thought it was all in fun, too. Sure hope so, 'cause I did my part teasing it up...and placing strategic emoticons to express lightheartedness.
I don't really have a strong opinion there, but then I think of the "high white" as just having a little extra white, not as an actual divergence in color or pattern from the MFC. "A rose by any other name..."

Choosing to use a name which is already exists as the hobby name of a different colour, would be very confusing (the not lemon blue cochins & the not porcelain silkies are quite confusing enough.
barnie.gif
) . There are already existing names for extreme mottled mille fleur colour.

Hello everyone! I thought I better delurk myself one of these days; I've been following this thread (and read the other one twice;)... I just received my gorgeous trio (thank you Lynne!) last week and they are the sweetest birds...."Lil Jerry", "Sparkle" and "Flower" are adapting wonderfully and I cant wait for eggs
smile.png
I of course will be working with this project on a much smaller scale than most of you I'm sure, but I'm excited non the less. So hello all, from sunny AZ!!

I don't really have a strong opinion there, but then I think of the "high white" as just having a little extra white, not as an actual divergence in color or pattern from the MFC. "A rose by any other name..."

Ah, but there IS adifference in the pattern from MF Alpinefarm (is that Amy? ~ I'll NEVER keep names and ID's straight!)
What I've been calling "Candy Corn Cochins" don't necessarily have a black chevron and a white tip on each feather. NOR would that be the goal. Look again at Candy:

36635_img_5848-2.jpg

I will breed her to a rooster with little to no black in hopes of minimizing the amount of black in the next generation.

I think part of what makes her SO pretty is the LACK of an organized pattern. What I'm thinking in my mind a "Candy Corn Cochin" would look like is a mostly white Cochin with lots of flecks of buff/red/mahogany and black. The main priority would be that the phenotype is that of a white background on which the other colors are 'splashed'.​

BFS says, "What I'm thinking in my mind a "Candy Corn Cochin" would look like is a mostly white Cochin with lots of flecks of buff/red/mahogany and black. The main priority would be that the phenotype is that of a white background on which the other colors are 'splashed'

I say, "Splashed buff!"

Sorry, Krys
hide.gif

Welcome, Enjaytoo
welcome-byc.gif
I just love rereading both threads as well. I pick up new things that I missed before. btw, I have some wheaten rosecomb eggs coming fron sunny AZ here soon.... wonder how long that'll take
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
Ah, but there IS adifference in the pattern from MF Alpinefarm (is that Amy? ~ I'll NEVER keep names and ID's straight!)
What I've been calling "Candy Corn Cochins" don't necessarily have a black chevron and a white tip on each feather. NOR would that be the goal. Look again at Candy:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/36635_img_5848-2.jpg

I will breed her to a rooster with little to no black in hopes of minimizing the amount of black in the next generation.

I think part of what makes her SO pretty is the LACK of an organized pattern. What I'm thinking in my mind a "Candy Corn Cochin" would look like is a mostly white Cochin with lots of flecks of buff/red/mahogany and black. The main priority would be that the phenotype is that of a white background on which the other colors are 'splashed'.

I have a pullet that looks A LOT like that one! I bred to her a red roo (who was recessive for mottling) and got a cute mottled (with black & not enough brown and too much white) chick. LOL

Back
Top Bottom