Mille Cochin Info

Pics
Lisa, your little boy is TOO cute! He looks like he's being very careful with that beautiful MFC baby. ;-)
I noticed that my girls from Ione also look like they're posing ~ ALL THE TIME!! They're just so darn gorgeous you can't get a bad picture of them!

Msbear ~ please show us photos of your little guy so we can watch the changes as he matures. Some of us
hmm.png
haven't hatched chicks yet so haven't witnessed the transformation. I also wanted to congratulate YOU on your baby! (from your mention on the MFC Yahoo Group). You are one, busy lady! Thanks for taking the time to share so much with everyone.

I would really appreciate some feedback from those of you who have been breeding MFCs for awhile. I have a lovely young hen that I got from Josh Singleton and I'm trying to decide who to breed her to. I posted lots of photos of Java

36635_img_6272-1.jpg

and of the Roosters that I am considering pairing her up with. Java has really nice black chevrons but way too much white, which led me to plan on using her in my "Candy Corn Cochin" project. But she does have SUCH nice black markings, I'm thinking maybe I should use her in my MFC project! I have roosters that I could put her with that I think would complement her either way. If you get the chance to take a peak at my blog (link in my signature line) I would really appreciate your thoughts...

Thank you!

I think you could use her with any of your roosters except Trouble. I think he has way too much white like her, so if you're breeding against it you wouldn't want to use him. I think personally I would love to see her paired up with Rudy. (Disclaimer: This is an amateur opinion!)

i
love.gif
that little one... ssoo pretty....

i love the MF color pattern, but i really really love the ones that are a bit more white...
i think i just need about a dozen of each...

I have 6 MFC eggs in my bator from the original trio I had (of which I only have a pair now). They're due on the 14th. Everyone please send hatching vibes....I need babies!!!

Hey, Kelly, I have chicks due to hatch on the 14th as well!

MFC project, Mottleds and a few Silkie eggs thrown in for good measure. I hate to have only 2-3 chicks growing up together so I add whatever I think will grow well with them. There were 18 eggs all together so my fingers are crossed.
Also I have 2 more batches going and a broody hen with eggs so the chicks are coming on. As long as these girls are laying I am trying to hatch from them. I am sure they will take a break when our colder weather hits so I might as well hatch now. Right?

So much to do with so little patience!
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom