Mille Cochin Info

Pics
Quote:
So very cute. Pretty strange they are starting so differently. What background does your trio have? I wonder if you have different backgrounds in your breeding stock. I know folks have discussed several different options to arrive at the MF pattern. The chicks from MF Du'ccles are that buffy brown color.

My trio comes from different breeders, so I'm sure they have different backgrounds. My roo is from Lynne's stock and the 2 pullets are from Ralph Phillips' stock.

Quote:
So very cute. Pretty strange they are starting so differently. What background does your trio have? I wonder if you have different backgrounds in your breeding stock. I know folks have discussed several different options to arrive at the MF pattern. The chicks from MF Du'ccles are that buffy brown color.

My trio comes from different breeders, so I'm sure they have different backgrounds. My roo is from Lynne's stock and the 2 pullets are from Ralph Phillips' stock.

I can't wait to see how they mature.

Lisa

And just for fun here's a pic of the 3 chicks I hatched from tate's eggs...on top of the water and to the left and right of it. They're coming up on 6 weeks old already!

15626_dscn1999.jpg

Quote:
He's got a lot of white....but he's cute!!!

Yeah, I'm going to use him for the "Candy Corn" Cochins project...just for fun! He doesn't make the cut for the MF project.

Kelly, the down color variation is to be expected right now. Everyone's chicks are all over the map. Check out my mille fleur progress page on my signature line for a few examples... I need to update but you'll get the idea.

Quote:
That's not quite true. All of my breeding birds have been wheaten, and I believe that Mike's birds are all wheaten as well (I may be wrong aout that). Also, I think that Lynne is working to get her birds purified for partridge (eb).

However, it IS true that there's a lot of non-uniformity out there right now. That's one thing that will have to change before we can hope to get these guys APA recognized.

Quote:
Thanks for the complement.
big_smile.png
It makes me feel better about the direction my birds are heading. I thought he looked pretty good.

I’m going to try and get some other pictures of my birds posted to my Blog/Site this week. I’ll let everyone know after I get them up.

Thanks, Josh

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom