Mille Cochin Info

Pics
you know, I didn't hatch that many F2 cochin eggs this year either. In retrospect I am actually stunned by how well I did for how few I hatched. I doubt I hatched twenty F2 eggs and had this many nice pullets to show for it. Most of them I sent out as freebies with egg shipments of other kinds of chickens, just to get them "out there" and more popular. Kinda like Johnyy Applefluer. There are a couple more pullets that I didn't get pics of, but they look about the same.

When I first bought eggs off eggbid from tate, and only one hatched, and it was a roo, slightly splay legged to boot, I thought I had been totally rooked. I lucked out SO HARD when that little roo hatched. I also lucked out when I found out I could cross him on my mottled girls, and lucked out again when he produced well, and crossed so well on his daughters to produce the pullets above. Then tate sent me a roo with a LOT of mille fluer speckling, totally unrelated to the birds I have, to really help with color. That F1 roo was a gift straight from heaven, so I kept him... This line of birds has been very generous with good breeding outcomes in a very short time is all I can say. Thanks tate!

Quote:
Thanks. See in the first pullet's picture, the two feathers sticking out of the top of the outer curve of her cusion? That is one thing I am struggling with from my mf cochins. Not sure if it is a throwback way back to the original mille fleur if that was used to bring color in. About half them have it and I will be working hard to eliminate "pointy cusions" in my flock over time. Just trying to keep it real and help people with critiquing their own birds... Mine are far from perfect. LONG ways to go here from where I'm sitting. I see it in my mind though... how they will look some day.

For some reason I can't see any of Patty's pics...
sad.png

Patty, May we all be so "lucky" as you have been! Your birds show your commitment to hard work, and yes, you are lucky to have a good eye and intuition when selecting your stock. Your dedication and discipline to the MFC endeavor is "spot on". I say discipline because you are absolutely correct: You have to build the house before you can paint it. Thank you for reminding us what it's all about.

Quote:
You may be having the same problem I have, to see Patty's pics, I have to click quote on her post and then copy the URLs and paste them in the search blank in a new window.

Wow! There are a lot more MFC project birds out there than I realized. How beautiful they are and what wonderful work everyone is doing.
I can't wait to buy eggs from others and get more into my program.
You all are doing such a fine job of raising some gorgeous birds!

Quote:
You may be having the same problem I have, to see Patty's pics, I have to click quote on her post and then copy the URLs and paste them in the search blank in a new window.

When I try that, I get redirected to: http://www.directnicparking.com/ .
idunno.gif

Yep, it was takeing me to that site too, but somehow I played around with it enough and copyied the right part and got it to work.

Back
Top Bottom