Mille Cochin Info

Pics
Paula, my heart breaks for your loss! What a tragedy! I'm sure that your son is wracked with guilt. Poor boy was trying to help out. I bet he'll never not double check that door again...

What a generous offer from Lynne! Her eggs have an incredible hatch rate and you'll get some gorgeous babies from them. It doesn't make up for the loss of the precous ones last night but as Lynne said, it'll give your family something to look forward to.

(((((((Hugs!))))))))

Oh I am so sorry for your loss...
hugs.gif

Tomorrow around 3pm I get to pick up a 2 month old MFC chick from someone who got an egg with an order of something else... believe she said the order was from CO? Or maybe CA? I'll ask again tomorrow. She doesn't know if cockeral or pullet, but I don't care
smile.png
I'm gonna get another baby!

I am so sorry to hear about the chicks!
hit.gif
I know your heart is breaking but things happen and your son didn't do it on purpose, of course. I know he feels miserable, too. You poor things. Accidents happen and then you move on.
hugs.gif

i know he didn't do it on purpose, he very upset, its more my DH, he knew about the door, and I had told him not to worry about the light, I didn't even know someone went out to turn out the light, the reason the door is touchy is the presure in the building if you can't just push it and leave you need to hold the handle and push its a very tight door.

We all have this horrible fear that a light will go out during the night or the door will blow open. I look down at my barn door constantly in this weather for fear of somehow missing closing the door or a light blowing out. Just a fear for my little friends down there and feeling such a lack of control.
You will get another great start of chicks and your son will feel better in time.

I have all my chicks in the basement but have put heat lamps in the garage and chicken barn for those birds bcause we've had a week of sub-zero weather and I feel so bad for them! My big worry is FIRE! I do wrap the cords around what ever I have the heat lamps mounted to so that if they should fall off, they won't reach the floor/shavings but I still worry. I've never used heat lamps for my "backyard" chickens ~ they've just had to deal with the cold ~ but I'm spoiling my MFCs. I'll turn them off as soon as the temps get above zero...

Back
Top Bottom