Mille Cochin Info

Pics
You guys ever think, like ten years from now if someone will dig up ths thread and say MAN! I can't believe my cochins came from THOSE BIRDS!!! They sure have come a long way in ten years! At least I sure hope that is what they say....
big_smile.png

Howdy everyone. I finally got out and took a few pictures of some of my last spring birds. Here’s a couple but I posted more on my Blog if anyone wants to look at www.joshsbantams.com

08.jpg

09.jpg

I also just listed a few pairs that I need to find homes for on Eggbid if anyone is interested. I can give you a better description of them, just let me know. I hope you all had a great holiday season.

Josh

Quote:
Thanks, I've got a little cockerel that is looking really really really good but he doesn’t get along with the others so he wasn't in on the photo shoot. He's hanging out with my better pullets. I'm going to try and get some photos of my others tomorrow.

Quote:
I wish I could buy some... but I'm terribly roo heavy and could only buy pullets. *sigh* Doesn't seem like that's gonna be happenin' any time soon!

ep.gif
Josh, what awesome type on that roo!! Excellente
smile.png

And cute chickies, faerie...

I organized my breeding pens today. I'm such a worry wart so my birds all have heat lights in their coops. I lost my best rosecomb hen in December... I believe because of the cold. She molted late and we had a nasty cold snap...
hmm.png
ugh. Im still bummed about the whole thing... ANYWAY, as a result of the light, my milles have been laying. Good news for chickenlittle as I owe her some babies
wink.png

I had my red roo in with my f3's and my new cock from Tom, as well as my cockerel I had on the auction forum, in with my F2's. I did some re-arranging today but all will be throwing nice chicks. My incubator is double stacked with wheaten rosecombs right now but, next up, is mille madness!!
big_smile.png
Im stalking out my dad's barn. He has a huge stall in his chicken house that is currently unused... Im thinking grow out pen. He's about a half hour away so I'll have to rig up auto-feeder and waterer.... He'll come home one day from work to about 50 extra chickens
lol.png

Quote:
I'm so jealous! My incubating skillz apparently suck majorly, because this is the third incubation and at day 22 I still have absolutely nothing. I am about ready to just throw in the towel on incubating. However, I can't really afford to have chicks shipped, not to mention that if I want to buy older ones, pullets are usually sold with roos and I'm roo heavy. I'm just... not sure what I should do.

My next house is going to be in the country instead of in the suburbs (I kinda had no choice but to live here), where I can have a BARN. So I can wire that puppy up with lights, and warmers, and all kiiiiinds of stuff.

you need an accurate, quality thermometer/hygrometer. Are you certain the eggs are fertile? That really stinks. But, practice does make perfect when it comes to incubating.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom