Mille Cochin Info

Hey Nellabean, I believe there are quite a few breeders near you. Amazondoc is in TN and some are in SC and NC. Scroll up the thread and pm a few bycers
wink.png

Quote:
Hey there Nella --

I live in mid TN, but I frequently drive to Knoxville. I'd be happy to meet up with you some time. I have cockerels available right now, and I've also got two pullets that I'm about ready to place. One of the pullets is from Tate and has very very little mottling. The other pullet is from my breeding, and is basically mahogany mottled with virtually no black. The cockerels range from good black mottling to IMHO good mf coloration. Unfortunately, no pics for now!

All I have is a few young roos available and I am still way behind Ione in the breeding for correctness. She certainly can set you up with some gorgeous birds.

Quote:
Where are you in upstate NC? I would LOVE to have a roo or two!!
smile.png

I think I probably should ask what they cost too...lol. Can you pm me??

Last edited:
I've decided to sell my Mille cochins. right now it is pick up only. I need the room for our show birds. I know these the pictures aren't very good , but maybe they will give you an idea. Forgive the mud all the snow is melting, we finally have some good temperatures. !!!
I have 2 roos and 3 hens.
$50 pr
$75 trio

12879_pic4.jpg

12879_pic3.jpg

12879_pic2.jpg

12879_pic1.jpg

12879_mille.jpg

12879_mille1.jpg

12879_mille3.jpg

Quote:
I will call. Im not sure how long she will be there... I'd love for her to come snag your mottled/mille cross roo too, Patty!! He's a beaute
wink.png

eta: doesn't look good. There is a $75 fee for carry-on (dogs and cats) Im sure chickens would be considered a terrorist threat of some sort.

Most airlines don't accept pets in the cargo hold. ..seems like that wouldn't be good for the bird to travel that way though I know they do when shipped.

I think even eggs would have a rough time of it as they would have to be x-rayed...

Ex-airline employee here--No chickens in-cabin, and unless things have changed in the few years I've been out of the industry, no chickens as checked luggage either. They can be sent by air freight through certain airlines, and Delta is usually the cheapest and easiest to deal with but you are still looking at a fair chunk of change, more than just sending it via USPS.

I know... I was considering someones idea about the service animal. I could make an apron for him that says "comfort pet" I would tell my friend she had to pretend she had anxiety issues and the only way she could fly was with her wubby
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom