Mille Cochin Info

HEY Y'all!!! I finally found a data transfer cable for my like, TEN year old digital camera!!! Here are newish pics of my F2 roo I saved from '09!!!

f2rooproud.jpg

f2roofront.jpg

f2rooside.jpg

f2rooback.jpg

OMG Patti! He's absolutely gorgeous!!
clap.gif
love.gif
droolin.gif
Can I get on a waiting list for either eggs or stock from him? It would be great to add his line (as well as that of your beautiful hens!) into my lines.

and here are some of the F2 pullets... Sorry they are all crowded together. I had them loose in a large, partially fenced yard and put them out of the crate and took pics quick before they could scatter.

Here's the gang.
messomilles.jpg

To me this one is too light, not enough black spots. Nice bi-color contrast between neck and body though. No "wild" feather markings either.
buffmillehen.jpg

Too much white, but I'm keeping her anyhow.
snowflakes.jpg

I don't care for this color base feathers
partridgebaseside.jpg

This hen has funky looking dusty grey looking down. anyone know what that means in genetic terms?
greydown.jpg

Here are some cushion shots from behind just to compare. See the one on the right has pointy feathers? I like the ones that look like an artichoke like the other two.
millebutts.jpg

Is the one with the pointy cush feathers the same hen in the first pic - that you thought was too light? Are you going to be using her? Her coloring is right in-between my hens, and I have a darker roo that I think would be great on her. Just a thought!

You've got some beautiful Pullets there. I really like the 3rd one down even if she shows a lot of white. Thanks for the pictures.

She shows the most black spotting of all of them. Should be some good she can do in the gene pool there... Wish her base color was lighter from the shoulders back, and more columbian traits showed.

Patty, you've got some beauties there. That roo is just gorgeous! And artichoke-those butts really do look like artichokes! Never would have thought of that. Coopa's right, I'll think Artichoke every time I look at fluffy butts now. Seven hens, lucky you. I've got 4 hens to 5 roos. But it's ok, I'll make do.

Josh, I put one of your boys in a pen with a couple of hens. Those boys have really filled out, and are really nice. You were right in that they take time to grow into their height. I need to get new pics of them.

Buck Creek, congrats on your new babies! Hope you get more.

Back
Top Bottom