Mille Cochin Info

Everyone is doing the same. My pullet is beautiful! It will be such a loss to loose her.

Here she is. I don't know why her wing is being held funny in this picture. It's not always like that.

pullet.jpg

Kinder--I am sorry to hear of the difficulty you're having. My thought is to get one or 2 of them to a vet. The price here for a vet check is roughly $60/bird but at least you'll have an idea what you're battling. I would also disinfect everything--waterers, feeders, inside coop and maybe the run. I use diluted Oxine
You're mille pullet is great, am pulling for her & your others!

The vet is out of the question. Not that I don't mind spending money on my birds. But none of the vets around here have any experience with chickens at all. Not for 100's of miles. I am on my own. Most won't even talk to you if you say it's a chicken.

I called the vet to get some Prednisone for a silkie once. And all I said was 'Hi. I would like to buy a bottle of Prednisone for my silkie.'

And they said 'We don't do chickens.' And hung up on me. What a jerk. I didn't even want them to look at the bird.

I called another vet and he gave me prednisone, and selenium, and syringes for $3. He is really nice. But still, has no idea about anything bird related.

As I've said several times.
tongue.png
They have sulmet in their water. I hope thats all it is really. But I have my doubts. Plus there is no bloody poop.

I'll keep giving it to them and see if it helps.
smile.png

Ok, finally got pictures taken and uploaded. F6 did hatch yesterday!
woot.gif
No good incubator shots – she finished zipping and popped out while I was outside.

Color is true in this picture
DSC_0658.jpg

Brooder light casts a yellow tinge
DSC_0654.jpg

Fern6 is on the left, Fern8 is on right
DSC_0694.jpg

Fern8 left, Fern6 right
DSC_0682.jpg

Fern6 left and Fern8…right
DSC_0677.jpg

They are such tiny little buttons of chicks – how and with what do I use to ID them at this stage – luckily for the next day or two I will be able to easily id them. But their legs are so tiny – strip of vetwrap? (ok tried it and stinker F8 picked it off, when applied to F6, F8 again removed) So, I do not know – what does everyone else use or do you not worry about it? I want to picture them thru body and feather changes.

Quote:
Thanks for the welcome
big_smile.png

This is the second time I have used the cartons and I like it. Do not know if the chicks prefer it, but my turner keeps them upright(ish), so I think it is *natural?* for them. So far it has worked well (at least....I think it has
hu.gif
)

Quote:
Thank you. I love broody girls too. (saves me so much work)

Kinder, I hope the Chickens are doing better.
fl.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom