Mille Cochin Info

As several new folks have joined the thread thought I'd share how much the milles can change their "color". Jambi has a MFC sire & dam. In first pic, Aug 2009 she's far left chick. Then she grew some white feathers in tail & wings. As she sits in the pumpkins you can see some black tipped feathers in breast/tail and white tips in several places (she received lots of kisses on her white flecked head!) Last pic, she's a well filled 6 month old looking completely buff columbian...not a stray white or black feather to be found.
17059_jambi_pale_male_red_brother_081109.jpg
17059_jambi.jpg
17059_jambi_100609.jpg
17059_jambi_012610.jpg

Way cool! Thanks!
She is lovely and I would not hesitate using her back in the program! If you don't want to just send her to me. I think she is very pretty!

Quote:
Wow, that is interesting...thanks for sharing the photos. It is amazing how much they change as they mature...she actually looks remarkably like my buff brahma bantam girls.

Campsbrahma.jpg

Kristen

A couple of new pics to share as I add to my MFC's:
First is Bolero, my newest roo. He was bred by Rosemary of Alpine Farm, and is of Wingshadows heritage. I think he's going to add some great color into my birds, especially with the chevrons on his breast. Thanx Rosemary!
And 2nd, I thought I'd give you an update on Tango. After breeding her with Pappy, I have 2 eggs in the incubator doing very well and due Valentine's Day, and she has now gone broody and is setting the last 10 (yes 10!!) she layed - I expect them to hatch the following week, around the 22nd or 23rd. Yea!!

40221_bolero_1-31-10-1.jpg

40221_bolero_1-31-10-2.jpg

40221_dscf6346.jpg

40221_dscf6348.jpg

Hey guys,
Been gone for a while....
I was wondering if anyone had a Mille Roo they were wanting to part with. I have never shipped birds before and am not sure about the cost.
I have a pullet that is really nice but I need a Mille roo for her.
What would I get if I put her with my Mottled roo?
I have a Partridge roo too... what would they throw?
Would the F1's be Mille or no?
I will try to post a pic of her up soon. Thanks guys... this color has fascinated me since I saw them several years back.
email me if you have an extra boy you need to find a home for! [email protected]

Last edited:
Coopa, Bolero is beautiful.
droolin.gif
You should definitely get some pretty babies off him. And good luck on your upcoming hatch! Hope you get lots of babies.

Back
Top Bottom