Mille Cochin Info

Quote:
Ok, so I've heard that you need to breed Blue to Milles to get to Porcelain. Is Porcelain what you’re working on? That would be really pretty.

Quote:
Ok, so I've heard that you need to breed Blue to Milles to get to Porcelain. Is Porcelain what you’re working on? That would be really pretty.

Well I hope so but I have been told you have to have the lavender gene to make porcelain but I don't know. If so maybe that came in with the mille genes.

I’ve heard that too and the idea of the Lavender gene makes some sense. You’re working on Lavenders too aren’t you? That’s why I was thinking you were working on the Porcelains. You must have a lot of room for all the different colors… I wish I had more space so I could work on some of these other colors. After seeing Toms Lavenders, it’s all I can do to keep myself from starting on some. I don’t know maybe later….

Quote:
Hehe! Porcelain or isabel is my "secret" project! You can't get porcelain from blue as the red won't be diluted; you need lav. I have a pair of MFC with a lot of black in their hackles, and a lav roo to start with. I also have two black pullets with some kind of lacey necklace thing going on, they might also come in handy. I'll let you know in a year or two how it's going....

BTW, anyone know if Lacey here would be an asset to a MFC program? She's from black over buff. Her only white is this crazy chest pattern that thins out, but is present, around the back of her head.
31816_img_0355.jpg

Last edited:
Don't get me thinking too hard on Porcelains! I will try them one day but I haven't the room or the time for them now. I really like them but that is another genetic conundrum that I just can't deal with at the moment! Geez! Too many poultry genetics to focus on. Why do all these birds have to be so pretty?

Gorgeous photos, everyone. I love seeing what all you are producing and working on.
droolin.gif

Sorry folks. I haven't been around. Things have been really bad around here.

Both Mille Fleurs are living so far. Stumpy is living too. All are back in with the flock.

I lost my Awesome Show Pygmy Buck. I hadn't even gotten any babies from him yet.
sad.png
It was such a shock. So I'm not much in the mood to reply.

I have several projects I plan to work on.

Mille Fleur Cochin, Porcelian Cochin, Mille Fleur Brahma, and Porcelian Brahma.

Brahmas are better suited for my climate. But I plan on working on all 4.

I need to get a Lavender Cochin rooster. So if anyone knows of any. I would love to know.

Back
Top Bottom