Mille Cochin Info

I've been blessed with lots of babies from the MFCs that I got from Lynne!

Here's a few of the Minnesota contingent:

36635_img_2951-1.jpg

36635_img_2948-1.jpg

36635_img_2967-1.jpg

36635_img_3016-1.jpg

These are all 2 week old chicks that I got from Lynne and Amazon Doc's pullets crossed with a gorgeous MFC rooster that I got from Mike Vogan. I've got all three down types and all sorts of colors and patterns coming in on the new feathers. There's one little 1 week old chick in there that is doing well keeping up with the big kids. Now, I've got a batch of BLRW hatching and then more MFCs this weekend...

Golly ~ this is FUN!

Isn't it fun, Nancy? I had a few hatch out last week, and am putting more into the hatcher tomorrow, and more next week. I love these little Millies. Ya never know what you're gonna get!

wee.gif
Two of my babies are out. And they look completely different then all my last ones. My other batch were all chipmunk striped. One is blonde, and the other is redish/brown. So looking forward to seeing the differences.

The other is pipping.

And my 4 other mutt eggs are pipping too.
ya.gif

Oh and of course I picked up 20 chicks from the feed store.
hide.gif

I will be raising them for about 2-4 months then selling at the huge local animal swap.

chicksj.jpg

Chickies

chicks2.jpg

Silver Laced Wyandotte

chicks3.jpg

Nap time

I will update photos of my MFC as soon as everyone is dried off and ready to come out.

Last edited:
So what projects is everyone working on? I know we are all trying for a better Mille Fleur but any other people out there up for a challenge and trying their hand at something else?

I wasn't going to share my master plan, but I might as well.
lol.png

I'm working on Mille Fleur Brahma Bantams, and LF later on. Because the Brahmas are better suited for my cold wet spells.

I am also working on Porcelian in both, and Coronation LF Brahmas. Oh and maybe Blue Mille Fleur in both.

It's going to be a long time before I have anything looking nice. But I'm getting a good start.

Got my MFC's, Buff Columbian Brahmas, Mottled Cochins, Light Brahmas. Getting some Lavender/Brahmas in the spring, and a lavender cochin as soon as I can find a good one.

Looking forward to spring and having all my babies grown so the fun can begin.
woot.gif

I'm really excited about the Coronation and mille Fleur Brahmas. I wonder how many other people out there are working on them?

I am working on several new colors of cochins including several lavender projects.
mille
blue mille
porcelain
blue wheaten
blue partridge
coronation/ columbian
and several more projects.

they're here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif

i forgot how small these guys are at this age.... they're ssoo cute... right now they're trying to hide under each other on the table in front of my computer...

42437_100_0048.jpg

I put in an order for a trio from Lynne too
celebrate.gif
They're coming around the 3rd week of March.
woot.gif

I've also been hatching some of mine. I was very fortunate to get a nice buff columbianxmottled cross to help with type and have been getting plenty of fertile eggs... like 5 a day
big_smile.png
I sent a couple down the road but I tellya it's hard to part with them. The colors are totally wacked this time around. I've got the buff w/gold, dark gray w/red around the face, wheaten and black mottleds... lots of them. I thought mottled was a recessive gene? I'll post some pics when the fuffy up a bit. I hatched a few last month and I didn't get any black mottleds??? They will probably feather out leaking color like Patty's F2's... I would think

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom