Mille Cochin Info

I've thought back & forth on this, alot of agonizing, but will need to let a roo go. If coop space were available but its not. He has been breeding, providing fertile eggs in the incub and a couple chicks already on the ground. So won't totally lose his genetics. I am really wanting to put splash/buff silkies together so here goes>>>
17059_dsc04007.jpg

He is at this listing:
http://www.eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1266867547

Oh, my Lord, is he stunning!!!

I'm going to post the link to the Calico Cochin Group as he would be PERFECT as a flock sire...

If I didn't have so many cockerels growing out, I'd snap him up for myself!

In fact, I do but I'm still tempted...

Oh gosh! I want him. But really I just can't right now. Darn. He is
droolin.gif

I have my Pair outside, then 3 babies in the brooder right now.

I am also going to mix my own Buff Columbians, and Black/Blue Mottled. So we shall see how that goes.
tongue.png

Now out to take some much needed pictures of my flock.

Shylee, he is absolutely beautiful!! Pair him up and he'll go for sure.

Now, for operation fuzzy butt
yippiechickie.gif

DSC_0027.jpg

I crossed my hens from Lynne with a mottled/buff columbian roo. I ended up with quite a few different down colors; blacks, dark chipmunk, dark gray with reddish heads, dark columbian looking down, mottled down, buff w/red and 1 wheaten
idunno.gif
Im hoping some of them develop some even distribution of pattern. I plan on crossing one of these young roos back to the mother hens and plan to do a brother to sister as well
hide.gif
Im curious to see if I can line breed from there to keep the best type possible.

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0095.jpg

I like these dark ones with reddish faces.
DSC_0054.jpg

dark columbian looking on the left and mottled looking on the right
DSC_0060.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, Erin ~ they're BEAUTIFUL!!!
I recently purchased two Buff Columbian pullets from Tom Roebuck and 3 awesome black mottleds to cross to my Mille Fleur & Calico cochins as well! I thought my project birds looked pretty good until I saw the type on my BCs and Mottleds! So, I'll soon be having colorful lots of chicks, like you. I'll be looking into linebreeding as well ~ we should stay in touch.

Sometime in the next couple of days I'll post photos of the Buff Columbians and Black Mottled chicks. I'm thinking I may even try SHOWING this summer....

fl.gif

Hey Erin, looks like you’ve got a good variety of colors there. Checkout this little one I hatched last week. I couldn’t get the flash to work on my camera so it’s hard to tell what the colors are in the picture. Its markings are very strange…. It seems to have the chipmunk stripes going sideways or something? Also they are pure white. It has a white spot ringed in black on the back of its head too. Disregard the red on the top of its head (that’s form a marker) I’ve hatched a few dozen chicks from the trio that it came from and none of the others have looked like this??? What do you folks think?

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

Back
Top Bottom