Mille Cochin Info

Patty, you are so funny. ..your eggs sell like hot cakes. im sure you'll do well.

Gail, bust out your genetics book
lol.png
Lemon is diluted buff and you can breed toward it to create "lemon mille fleur" (you probably know that but wanted to show off my limited knowledge) I hatched her from Lynne's eggs. Im sure that when I put her back to a nice roo, she'll throw decent chicks. She does have nice pattern and good teardrops.

Quote:
Oooo...what a doll, Erin! Luck-eee!

There's some pics on feathersite of Lemon MF d'Uccles and I also have googled and found some great photos of Lemon MF Sablepoots from the UK.

When I first got my Lemon girl from Lynne, I was just speechless and *so* in love with the color, but then everyone else seemed to be looking for that darker MF pullet color and I wasn't quite sure what to make of the pale buff. I am confident now that it really is it's own color, not just a washed out version of something else, although I suppose that is loosely what a "dilute" is.

Sure glad this "pops up" in your lines, Lynne! Or should I say "pips up"? (sorry...)
cool.png

19483_henna12m.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Hey, Darrin, nice to "see" you on here!
I loved looking at all the varieties on your website. Don't think I've ever seen so many cochin colors in one place!
Cool beans!

Rosemary

hmmmmm...... catching up on this thread a bit..... We are a CHATTY bunch, and in so many places!! LOLOLOL! Anyhoo, since Nancy is probably even farther behind than I am, I'm gonna chime in on that lemon/buff/diluted girl....

Nancy has several of her chicks that are feathering out with that pale cafe au lait color. I happen to think it is to-die-for YUMMY, and it will be interesting to see what those birds pass along, color-wise.

Cheers!

Katie in WI

(edited because I can neither type nor spell today....)

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm a "lady in TN", but I'm in Lebanon. Dunno if you're thinking of me or not!

I've got cockerels available, plus one or two pullets. I frequently travel to Knoxville, which is at least closer to Berea than Knoxville is.
smile.png

I thought I'd post pics of the two roos I intend to use for my main flock roos this year. You'll see they are quite different.

The first has (IMHO) fabulous type, but he's too dark. OTOH, I like his hackles and he seems to be a very dark blue -- which would introduce another interesting gene.

The second has (IMHO) fabulous color, and not bad type, but he could use better type and more mass.

I'm hoping to get interesting results!

goldroofromDanny--03-08-10--1small.jpg

LG07--09-02-09--1small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom