Mille Cochin Info

Wheee! Sprinkles laid an egg again yesterday and another one today! (The excitement has no where near worn off yet!) Boy, the chicks that hatch out of this little eggs must be TINY!

here's a different one, I thought I had an odd color mottled, this one started out white with a little black on wing tips, then slowly started the black, now I see a little red, so looks like i've got a MFC, what do you think?
19130_1269.jpg
19130_1268.jpg
19130_100_1271.jpg
19130_1270.jpg

Ah, yes!
I have one coloring up like that but I know it is from my Mottled hen and my MF roo that looks almost like a too dark light Columbian. Every day I am noticing more red bleeding through. I think it is very beautiful and I think yours is very handsome, too!
What were the parents of your little one or where did you get the eggs?

This should be more for those interested in Calicos. This little guy hatched out of my Golden Laced pair. I contacted the breeder who sold me the dam and sire, and she said that several generations back, white was used to improve the type, and that it (recessive white) will occasionally show up. I took these pics last week - when he was 4 weeks old. He's getting to be a real looker. I'm not sure how much of the white will stay thru molt. Because he's Golden Laced, his genes are Pg (Patterned) and Ml (Melanotic), rather than Mo (Mottled). But the GLs also carry the Co (Columbian) gene.

40221_pr135days6-261.jpg

40221_pr135days6-265.jpg

Back
Top Bottom