Mille Cochin Info

It is most exciting to have eggs in the 'bator and every generation is more fun and fabulous.
ya.gif

My only problem is hatching every egg the hens lay and winding up with lots and lots of great babies that I don't want to part with. Fortunately the dark ones are boring enough I have been able to let many go but when they show color I want to stay around them to the point of sleeping down at the barn.
I have a problem, I suppose.
hide.gif

Quote:
Isn't that why we are all here?????
lol.png

I don't know what's worse - checking the incubator every day to see what's hatched (no matter if it's only day 14!!!), or checking the brooder every day to see how the colors and patterns are changing! As if, during the day while I'm at work, or overnight while I'm sleeping, they are all going to instantly morph into beautiful MF's!!

That's what this addiction will do to you!!

Quote:
Isn't that why we are all here?????
lol.png

I don't know what's worse - checking the incubator every day to see what's hatched (no matter if it's only day 14!!!), or checking the brooder every day to see how the colors and patterns are changing! As if, during the day while I'm at work, or overnight while I'm sleeping, they are all going to instantly morph into beautiful MF's!!

That's what this addiction will do to you!!

Yup, I hear ya! I didn't sleep all night just knowing that my eggs were being delivered in the morning! Like a kid the night before a class trip, I tell ya!
lol.png

Just a quick question. I was reading posts on another thread and it said that bantam eggs hatch earlier than standard chicken eggs. Is that true??
idunno.gif

Im beginning to understand mille fleur genetics, but has anyone tried for blue mille fleur yet? Where would one exactly start?
What about porcelain? That would start with a self blue bird and a mille fleur?

Hey Mille people, I was practicing painting the pattern for a project of my own and decided to sell this one. It turned out super nice and would look great up on the wall. My chicken stuff is a little folksy so, it may not be everyones taste but?? anyway, here's the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=371700. This has not been treated for outdoor enjoyment.. should only be kept inside.

Thanks
frow.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Porcelain would be a lavender x mille.....cross the F1s back......etc etc. I did the lav/mille cross and have 2 split lav/mille BOYS. Grrrr....there should be a 3rd boy around here somewhere, but he hasn't shown the "leakage" just yet. Hatched a black female recently...FINALLY. Hoping she is indeed lav/mille split. Didn't mark the eggs and can't remember for the life of me when they were set and when I put those breeders out in the big flock.....

The lav/mille boys are little monsters. My mille boy isn't bad and my lav girl is sweet as can be. The boys from that cross? Downright evil. Maybe they will grow out of it.......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom