Mille Cochin Info

Quote:
Calicochins
smile.png

Quote:
I have a mixed project pen that has Mille Fleur Cochins, SQ Mottled Cochins, and some Buff Brahmas. Oh and a frizzle.

Some will hatch pure mille fleur, and any others that hatch with be the genetics needed to create or improve it. I've got a bator full of eggs right now. When they hatch I can post some pictures if you like so you can see what hatches.

I do have 16 started birds right now. And there is no way I will be keeping all of them. So if your interested in getting actual birds I would be more than happy to ship some this fall.

Last edited:
Quote:
I have a mixed project pen that has Mille Fleur Cochins, SQ Mottled Cochins, and some Buff Brahmas. Oh and a frizzle.

Some will hatch pure mille fleur, and any others that hatch with be the genetics needed to create and improve it. I've got a bator full of eggs right now. When they hatch I can post some pictures if you like so you can see what hatches.

I do have 16 started birds right now. And there is no way I will be keeping all of them. So if your interested in getting actual birds I would be more than happy to ship some this fall.

Buff brahmas are a different breed totally and in no way can improve mille fleur cochins.

I said project birds. I never got mille fleur cochins to actually breed cochins.

Note I said to create.
wink.png
Brahmas are much better suited for my climate.

I should put an or instead of and between create OR improve.

Sorry if that didn't come out right.

Quote:
That's OK if you want to cross Cochin x Brahma, but you cannot sell them as Mille Fleur Cochins - even if you call them Projects. They will not be pure-bred Cochins, which is what the original OP is looking for.

Some will hatch pure mille fleur, and any others that hatch with be the genetics needed to create or improve it.

I never intended to sell them as Cochins. I know they are not.

I was offering a mixed project group of eggs. Which is what I put. I noted some would be mille fleur and some would just be mixes that have the genetics to create the color mille fleur. I said nothing about being cochins.

I'm not sure what I did wrong. But I can delete my posts if you like. I have no intentions on causing problems or confusion.

As a side note.

There are many people that sell mille fleurs. I suggest Lynne or Nancy. Both are very nice, and have beautiful birds.​

Last edited:
Quote:

Some will hatch pure mille fleur, and any others that hatch with be the genetics needed to create or improve it. I've got a bator full of eggs right now. When they hatch I can post some pictures if you like so you can see what hatches.

do you have pics of your mottled and mille ?

Quote:
I never intended to sell them as Cochins. I know they are not.

I was offering a mixed project group of eggs. Which is what I put. I noted some would be mille fleur and some would just be mixes that have the genetics to create the color mille fleur. I said nothing about being cochins.

I'm not sure what I did wrong. But I can delete my posts if you like. I have no intentions on causing problems or confusion.

As a side note.

There are many people that sell mille fleurs. I suggest Lynne or Nancy. Both are very nice, and have beautiful birds.

love.gif
Nancy has lovely birds! I recently went to her place and purchased some
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom