Mille Cochin Info

Lynne, momy and daddy are just gorgeous... I cannot wait to see the coor in this little guy. Congrats!
thumbsup.gif

Anyone near East Tennessee who needs a nice Mille Cochin Project rooster, let me know. I am going to sell my 4 "extra" boys as I am looking at downsizing quite a bit. One is very "correctly" colored, one is more calico, 1 is darker but very typey and 1 is similar to a buff columbian but with mottling. All are about 4-5 months old, from shipped eggs from Tate. The girls I got from this same hatch have incredible coloring.

Quote:
It maybe a "no no" to use them, but I have had the best patterns develop from a partridge pullet. This is "not to say" that it won't crop up in later breedings but in my experience the chicks hatched from a well patterned (partridge) pullet have the strongest pattern "without" the partridge stripe cropping up. Again, I am experimenting along with all of you to see what works. My concern, at this point, is "type".
bow.gif
I don't seem to have much problem with pattern. I guess that is why it is called "a project"~!!
he.gif

Quote:
It maybe a "no no" to use them, but I have had the best patterns develop from a partridge pullet. This is "not to say" that it won't crop up in later breedings but in my experience the chicks hatched from a well patterned (partridge) pullet have the strongest pattern "without" the partridge stripe cropping up. Again, I am experimenting along with all of you to see what works. My concern, at this point, is "type".
bow.gif
I don't seem to have much problem with pattern. I guess that is why it is called "a project"~!!
he.gif

Good because she seems to be getting great color, so it would have been a shame to not be able to use her.
19130_100_1312.jpg

here's a pic of Cloudy

19130_100_1318.jpg

Quote:
bow.gif
he.gif

Good because she seems to be getting great color, so it would have been a shame to not be able to use her. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19130_100_1312.jpg

here's a pic of Cloudy

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19130_100_1318.jpg

google pics of "mille fleur pekins" and you will see birds that resemble the color of that "partridgey pullet"

Quote:
bow.gif
he.gif

Good because she seems to be getting great color, so it would have been a shame to not be able to use her. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19130_100_1312.jpg

here's a pic of Cloudy

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/19130_100_1318.jpg

If you notice # 17 has a partridge pattern. However, the pattern is very consistent with the Mille Fleur D'uccle pattern, "without the partridge stripe.

18946_2010-7-11_renoir_santiago_diego_ii_fernando_17_typey_hens_005.jpg

See how on the MFD the pattern is a series of little dots with the white "V" ?

18946_img_5953.jpg

# 17 has the same pattern of small dots.

I have never introduced the partridge color into my line but it does occasionally crop up.

Also look at the color & pattern of Renoir.

18946_img_5950.jpg

He doesn't have proper type but the color & pattern are very MFD.

18946_lemon_blue_pair-mf_duccle_cockerel_006-1.jpg

Quote:
I sure do have to agree with you there, Lynne!
I've got six day-olds running around out in the chicken barn. They're in with the main flock but two moms are watching over them. Two more hens are setting on eggs that have pipped!

You must have more hatching from Renoir & #17, don't you?

By the way ~ that color is what I was told is light eb. Most of my Calicos have hatched that color.

I hope you have a GREAT weekend and hatch lots more beautiful babies!

36635_signaturehtml.png

Back
Top Bottom