Mille Cochin Info

Coopa, I agree, but I'm not sure my neighbor will!
big_smile.png
We'll see though!
wink.png

Thanks mags! I love how sweet the roos are too! And if I'm guessing correctly in the last photo, left hand and right hand are roos? Let me know if I think I know what I'm doing!
smile.png

Quote:
The Mille Fleur color is a standardized color variety, and has been adopted by several breeds. For the present, we are breeding and working towards this standard. Color terms used in the SOP are "Vermillion Orange" and "Bay".
This link has pics of near-perfect Mille Fleur coloring (on D'uccles) - so imagine this color and pattern on Cochins rather than on D'uccles as pictured.
http://shagbarkbantams.com/milles.htm

Thanks! That does does help.... the mille's are beautiful!

Quote:
The Mille Fleur color is a standardized color variety, and has been adopted by several breeds. For the present, we are breeding and working towards this standard. Color terms used in the SOP are "Vermillion Orange" and "Bay".
This link has pics of near-perfect Mille Fleur coloring (on D'uccles) - so imagine this color and pattern on Cochins rather than on D'uccles as pictured.
http://shagbarkbantams.com/milles.htm

Thanks! That does does help.... the mille's are beautiful!

Robin, your Poultry Art is beautiful! Can't wait to see your 'Cochin Series'. I'm sure there are a lot of folks here and on the Cochin Thread that can get you pics of the different color varieties if you need them. Hmmm . . . I have a birthday coming up next month - when will the Cochin series be finished!!
wink.png
wink.png

I have 2 little MFC pullets that are just at 8 weeks now. They both are already showing excellent chevrons everywhere EXCEPT their breasts. Their sire has a great tri-colored/chevroned chest. What is everyone's experience with the chevron development on the breast of the pullets? Does it come in at the same time as the rest of the body, or can I expect to see it later?

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanx Mike! That really helps. Luckily, they're pullets, so I can keep them around for a while!

OT - Did you find those Wheatens yet? You should check out the Salmons that Danny posted over on the Cochin thread a couple of hours ago - just gorgeous!

~Gail

Is there anybody else working on blue mille? If there are lets see some pictures. Here are a few pictures of mine. I also posted these under a new topic (New cochin color projects) but this thread gets a lot of veiws.
26231_102_7222.jpg

26231_102_7224.jpg

26231_102_7227.jpg

26231_102_7230.jpg

26231_102_7229.jpg

26231_102_7232.jpg

Back
Top Bottom