Mille Cochin Info

Quote:
How about "Year of the Darling Little MFC's that Steal Our Hearts"?

Coopa, that sounds better, but still not what I want! Ha ha! Does that mean you think they are all boys?????????????????????

Quote:
How about "Year of the Darling Little MFC's that Steal Our Hearts"?

Coopa, that sounds better, but still not what I want! Ha ha! Does that mean you think they are all boys?????????????????????

Here's my best uneducated guess, which you can't hold me liable for:
1) M
2) M
3) F
4) F
5) M
6) F
Oops - forgot the last one:
7) M

Last edited:
Thanks for the guesses!
smile.png
Now a question, can I keep all the roos until 5 months or so when full feathering and colors are in or will that be a problem? They are all so sweet right now, but this will be my first time with roosters and I don't know the protocol!
hmm.png

Quote:
My guess is 1,2,7--cockerels and 3,4,5,6---Pullets BTw #5 has really intriguing color! Some heavily combed pullets can fool ya. Kiko had me thinking cockerel when young but she just grew to be more heavily combed
17059_kiko.jpg
17059_kiko_050910.jpg

The top 2 are hers & Tanker's who hatched recently--
17059_dsc05084.jpg

The blue mottled is a split to mille fleur.

OK, I posted this elsewhere but no one replied
sad.png

This is my 24 day old White Silkie mom/MF Cochin dad baby. Any guesses as to the grown up sex or color of this little darling? If it makes a difference, the feet are yellow.
52396_dsc01433.jpg

52396_dsc01444.jpg

52396_dsc01418.jpg

Oh how sweet! I have one of those mixes...(different colored parents though) and it is interesting! I am no exert on how she will turn out, but looks like she is turning kinda mf colors so far.

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks! That's what I was thinking. I have one MF pullet that had no white when she was a baby but it's developing as she ages. The chicken calculator gives me gold patterned though so I'm not sure. Not that it matters, it sure is a cutie!

As an aside, I was at the local fair last night and they had some lovely Partridge & Black mottled Cochins. Much better type than mine (sigh). I have to admit I bought them without really knowing what I was doing and now am so in love with the ones I have couldn't imagine parting with them! So, if I can convince the hubby, may have to start my own little project
jumpy.gif
When can you really expect to see what their adult type will be? mine are 4-5 months old now.

~Terry

Back
Top Bottom