Mille Cochin Info

OK, here are Napolean & his lady Josephine. Now going on 6 months old this week. Any and all critiques appreciated as I want to get more girls for this little man if he is a good breeder choice at this point. Hatched from from Tate's stock. I think they are very nice but what do I know.
roll.png
Their legs/feet are so heavily feathered you can't even see them. It has always amazed me how heavily feathered they were from day 1. I need a couple more ladies from different stock.

14386_mf_003.jpg

14386_mf_006.jpg

14386_mf_007.jpg

Congrats to everyone for focusing on type first, color & pattern second!
clap.gif
All you have to do is go back to some of the posts and pics in this thread from a year ago to see the great progress everyone is having with their MF's.

Keep up the good work!
thumbsup.gif

Thank you, might have to make a peep RUN to your house.LOL

Everyone's birds are so beautiful on this thread. The different variations never cease to amaze me and make me check for updates every chance I get.

Quote:
Beautiful mags!
love.gif
droolin.gif

my best move for improving type quickly was breeding to mottled, then crossing back. You get all mottled the first generation. Cross those back on milles and you get both, mille or "brown based" with all sorts of variety of melanizers, and mottles split to mille. If you always cross a mottled looking bird to a mille looking bird, you will always know that any mottle you have can produce mille. I would avoid crosses that produce unknown splits, unless you absolutely must.

Hi,
Sorry to butt in, but my daughter (she's 8) and I are cruising around on here and came to this thread, and we BOTH went OHHHHHHHH! And she said what kind are those!
I told her and she said,"can we get some?"
I said I don't know I think they are rare
She said well. ASK! So.....
Does anybody know where can I find some of these gorgeous (she says REALLY COOL) mille fleur's in Maine?
Thank you in advance!
Mandy

OK, so if I understand correctly.....I might want to get myself some mottled birds for Napolean to breed with..... and then the resulting generation from those eggs......would be to then cross them back to only millie type.
I hope I am geetting this straight.
gig.gif

Quote:

That is how my whole program was based. I ordered eggs from Tate and got a single chick to hatch. MFC roo baby boy. I had nine mottled pullets and crossed him on those, then the F1 babies back to the Tate roo. I did keep back one F1 mottled roo with gold leakage, because he had a very short back and SUPER rounded cushion. NO sticking up, it just blends off his back and falls down, SMOOTH and no feathers sticking out. I have two pullets from him that I plan to cross back on him (the mottled F1 roo) I will go take a pic of them so you can see how they look. My mottleds were not SQ. If I had it to do over, a couple of years ago I would have tried harder to get my hands on SQ mottles, but here I am, not to bad... I'm gonna go take some pics. BRB.

magsrags, your millie cochins are right on. They are so beautiful!! This is a pic of a SQ mille fleur d'uccle hen I had, the color of your cochin hen resembles greatly!!
smile.png

MyPictures154.jpg

Back
Top Bottom