Mille Cochin Info

Oh............... now they are just beautiful. Thank you so much for the input. Now I know what I need to do..... to hopefully get my own little namesakes going.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:

OK, Just because they are soooooo cute! A few more pix!
My pile of Mille's!
7664_grass_039.jpg

And two more, one with an orange comb and one with a red comb. Two different genders?????

7664_grass_004.jpg

Thanks peeps7 for posting that Mille Fleur D'uccle pic! I been working on type harder than color. It is good to be reminded what we are all working toward. Is it a fault if they have dark, columbian like feathering on their necks? I like the hens more like that, but your SQ hen is the same color all over. If I should start breeding away from darker necks, let me know!

I know the hens for any thing that has an already established mille fleur color, they are a solid color all over. I love the variation in the mille fleur cochins but if we are wanting to reach the standard for the color, then yes, we need to breed away from the darker necks. I think all of our roosters are almost exactly right for color, we just have to get the hens to do right, lol.
roll.png

Quote:
Thanks! Actually my pics are the same 3 chickens taken a couple months ago and then again now. They are about 17 weeks now. I have been surprised by how much the color has changed in the few months I've had them. Also, the pics on the roost may make them more compact than they really are. I'll post some more pics when I can get some. (I accidentally erased my digital cameras entire memory card!
he.gif
)

~Terry

Quote:
I was wondering about crossing back to the same roo (Their daddy)?
And you would suggest MF Roo X Mottled hens as opposed to the other way around?
Oh, I may need a bigger coop!
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom