Mille Cochin Info

Quote:
Are you "sure" that it isn't from your Barred Cochin group? The reason I ask is that I have "exactly" the same coloring in my Black Barred split to Buff cochins crossed with my Buff Barred roo. I will get pics later today so that you can see. I've never had this color in any of my MFC. But then who knows what will crop up.
smile.png
I just got my first "blue" chick from a MFC egg. Can't wait to see what happens with this little one.
big_smile.png

Here are pics I took this morning of one of my little guys...I have "five" of them
sad.png
As I mentioned before, the chicks were the result of my crossing Black Barred split to Buff hens with a Buff Barred roo.

18946_white_barred_cockerel_001.jpg

18946_white_barred_cockerel_002.jpg

Quote:
Gosh, I'm sooo far behind in answering these threads~!
sad.png

I, too, have a hen like your dark one. She is beautiful even though she isn't the coloring we are trying to perfect. Looks like you have a good group & it's nice to have birds that aren't too closely related. I no longer have Sergio as he went to Nevada with a few of his girls. Mike (Bantyman) took Fernando & I hope he gets some lovely chicks.
wee.gif

Quote:
We have a little yellow chick from Lynne's eggs too. I hope it turns out to be a beautiful pullet like yours. It's only a week old so I have no idea what it is yet. Out of 12 babies this was the only yellow. The others were variations on chipmunk and black.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/66241_little_yellow_001.jpg

Robin,

From what I can tell, your little "sleepy" sweetie looks like a pullet.
smile.png
I do have my fingers crossed for you
fl.gif

Quote:
Are you "sure" that it isn't from your Barred Cochin group? The reason I ask is that I have "exactly" the same coloring in my Black Barred split to Buff cochins crossed with my Buff Barred roo. I will get pics later today so that you can see. I've never had this color in any of my MFC. But then who knows what will crop up.
smile.png
I just got my first "blue" chick from a MFC egg. Can't wait to see what happens with this little one.
big_smile.png

Here are pics I took this morning of one of my little guys...I have "five" of them
sad.png
As I mentioned before, the chicks were the result of my crossing Black Barred split to Buff hens with a Buff Barred roo.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_white_barred_cockerel_001.jpg

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/18946_white_barred_cockerel_002.jpg

he looks just like that, but i do not have the other color you use for the cross, plus the barred are outside in a separt house, and my MF's are in the barn, crossing would be hard. my cochin colors are barred (silkied), MF, 1 black mottled hen and 2 white roos

OK MFC experts, my girls will be 5 months old on 1/2/11. Will they start laying in the Winter or wait until warmer weather? These are my first bantams!

They are kinda fickle when it comes down to the weather... but mine started laying around 6 months... and laid really well... until they all went broody (several weeks after they started laying)
lol.png

Quote:
Thanks slick! It's pretty cold here in NJ. High of 34 or so predicted all week.
roll.png
I know what you mean about the broodies! I have LF cochins and they're always broody! I can't wait to get Mille eggs! I have 6 pullets to 1 rooster and this is my first go at fertile eggs!
smile.png

Quote:
My Mille Fleurs (and partridge pullets too) are just 6 mo. old and have just begun to lay. I was kind of suprized since it is December but I have 11 eggs so far!
jumpy.gif

Quote:
Yes, Nadine gets those from her MF cochin projects.

Betsy is right, I have a bunch like that here. I have kept a few hens for breeding and am going to use those in my Calico project. The roos look just like their father roo, Wizard, that I got from Danny. Very typy so I don't worry about color/pattern right now and just breed my best types together that carry the MF genes.

I have a hen that looks just like that photo but here is her sister.
9332_w_daughter.jpg

This is her as a baby.
9332_baby_girl.jpg

This is her dad but her mom was a buff Columbian/MF hen.
9332_wizard_n_cleo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom