Mille Cochin Info

Thanks for the info. I don't have the ABA SOP, but I do have the APA SOP. Thanks!
smile.png

barnie.gif
he.gif
:he

Aggghhhhh! Just got home today from a long doctor's appt. and find my bator FULL of eggs (due to lockdown tomorrow) was 118º!!! Every one of those babies was dead. I had over a dozen MFCs in there as well as 18 wheaten Ameraucanas and a bunch of black and white cochins. I did open the MFCs and had some that appeared to have wonderful color.

Apparently the wafer went bad. So disappointing! Guess the old saying "Don't count your chickens before they hatch" definitely applies here. Poor babies!

Quote:
I'm so sorry!
I lost 6 MFC chicks a month ago. They hatched under two of my pullets during our recent record lows. I took them in the garage and had the brooder light too close to them!!!!!!!!!! My stupid fault. I'll never make that mistake again. My girls hatched 6 more a week later. I am so proud of them keeping their first clutches warm during the really cold weather. It took them so long to finish the hatch because their non-broody sister kept laying eggs in their nests. I finally moved her to another pen till they were finished. I have 5 that a friend incubated that hatched 1/11/11 plus the second 6 for an early start to spring, but I still feel sick about those first chicks. I feel like I let my girls down.

Oh man...thats a bummer! I don't know what it is lately but things with hatching were not going right with me either. I'm on lockdown now and got a healthy chick and the rest are rollin' so I am hopin' . So sorry to hear that.
sad.png

I have a question for y'all...

What will the chick look like if it's a black mottled x mf?

I haven't separated my cochins yet so I have several possibilities:

mf x mf

mottled black x mf

mottled black x lav

lav x lav

mf x lav

I know there's a good possibility I won't be able to tell since many of those crosses produce black birds, but I couldn't resist hatching... the breeding pens won't be up for another month or two
tongue.png

Quote:
The black mottled MF cross will be black mottled chicks split to MF
Mottled black to lav-black
lav to lav is always lav
MF to lav interesting not 2 the same but I was a little shocked to see a barred periwinkle come out of that cross it wasn't lavender or blue ...my daughters pet lav hen bunked in that pen over the winter

barred periwinkle sounds pretty cool, lol

I was just wondering if there would be any leakage in the mf x mottled black... I'm grasping at straws to try to figure out what cross its from.

Back
Top Bottom