Mille Cochin Info

love.gif
Soo cute
smile.png

Quote:

Quote:
Unless for some reason a specific change for Cochins would be requested if/when they are submitted for ABA recognition, they should be bred to the ABA Standard for Mille Fleur Plumage. It can be found on page 230 of the current (2006) ABA Bantam Standard. (It is the same Mille Fleur standard that d'Uccles, etc. also use.)

Quote:
Unless for some reason a specific change for Cochins would be requested if/when they are submitted for ABA recognition, they should be bred to the ABA Standard for Mille Fleur Plumage. It can be found on page 230 of the current (2006) ABA Bantam Standard. (It is the same Mille Fleur standard that d'Uccles, etc. also use.)

Okay, great, thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. What about Calico, is that a recognized color (or a working standard) for any breeds?

Quote:

Okay, great, thank you, that's exactly what I wanted to know. What about Calico, is that a recognized color (or a working standard) for any breeds?

nope calico are the culls from millie breeding some deside where cool and to give name and start breeding

Quote:

There is no "Calico Plumage" in the ABA Standard - can't speak to the APA SOP. So if you were to enter a bird in a show as a "Calico", the judges would have no criteria to judge it to.

Quote:

There is no "Calico Plumage" in the ABA Standard - can't speak to the APA SOP. So if you were to enter a bird in a show as a "Calico", the judges would have no criteria to judge it to.

i show showgirls and judge just picks best of the calico just like they do with showgirls and sermas up to this year

Quote:

I'm sure you can tell by my questions I'm a newbie. Guess I had better purchase an ABA Standard in Indy! Is there a process in the ABA Std. as to how one might go about getting a color recognized?

Back
Top Bottom