Mille Cochin Info

APPLICATION FOR ADMITTANCE TO BANTAM STANDARD
I apply for official recognition of the following

Variety______________________,Breed___________________

The following members have bred this new variety/breed and report that 50% or more of the offspring meet the proposed new requirements.

1____________________________________________________________________

2_____________________________________________________________________

3_____________________________________________________________________

4____________________________________________________________________

5_____________________________________________________________________

Please describe the proposed variety/breed on a separate sheet in the same manner and form used in the Bantam Standard, for male and female. If the proposal is for a new variety of an already established breed and the variety is already part of the Bantam Standard, indicate where, how and if your proposal differs. Leg, Eye, Beak colors are not always part of the color pattern. Please submit clear photos of mature males and females in triplicate for the three committee members.Indicate your preference for the location of the qualifying meet. Kep in mind that the committees work starts after your request has been received. The proposal has to be published in the quarterly prior to the meet. The committee will accomodate you if it can.

Annual Meet_______________________Semi-Annual Meet_____________________________

I enclose $100.00. This fee is not refundable. (Make checks payable to ABA. Mail to: ABA – Stnadard Committee,PO Box 127,Augusta.NJ 07822

Signature_____________________________________________________________

Print Name____________________________________________________________

Address_______________________________Phone ( )_________________

RULES GOVERNING ADMITTANCE OF NEW BREEDS/VARIETIES TO THE BANTAM STANDARD

BY LAWS:

Article 12...Requirements for Admission of New Breeds and Varieties to Bantam Standard

Section 1. The Standard Committee shall make rules and set fees for admission of new breeds and varieties, that are not inconsistent with the Constitution and By-Laws of the Association. Any changes must be approved by the Board of Directors.'

Section 2. All proposed changes in BANTAM STANDARD additions or deletions of breeds or varieties or changes in text..are to be published in the QUARTERLY so as to allow comment by members

Section 3. Before admitting a new breed to BANTAM STANDARD qualifying meets must be held at each of the shows hosting he ABA Annual and Semi-Annual Meets with a minimum of 25 birds in each variety to be qualified within the new breed exhibited in 4 classes (Cock-Hen, Cockerel-Pullet) by a minimum of 5 member breeders at each show. The two shows must be consecutive shows.

Section 4. Before admitting a new variety to an established breed in the BANTAM STANDARD , a qualifying meet must be held at a show hosting the ABA Annual or Semi-Annual Meet with a minimum of 25 birds exhibited in 4 classes (Cock-Hen-Cockerel-Pullet) by a minimum of 5 member breeders.

Section 5. No changes are final until recommended by the Standard Committee and approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors at an Annual or Semi-Annual Meeting.

STANDARD COMMITTEE RULES

Rules for admitting Breeds or Varieties . Application should be made on form supplied by the Standard Committee with a processing fee of $100.00. Recent pictures should be submitted together with whatever is known about the bantams origin. The Committee will investigate and if satisfied will schedule a qualifying meet. A qualifying Judge will be selected by the committee. The Judge shall give a written report on a form supplied for that purpose and will be paid $50.00 by the American Bantam Association. Host club and the committee shall cooperate with each other when setting up the meet. New Breeds or Varieties will be eligible for ABA awards when the process is complete.

If a Breed of Variety is considered for approval that has been accepted previously by the APA,, applies for admittance and the description is in conflict with the description which was approved at a proper qualifying meet of the APA, than the applicant must either adjust the application so the conflict are removed or work with the Standard Committee of the APA to adjust that standard to remove the conflict.

Quote:
There is no "Calico Plumage" in the ABA Standard - can't speak to the APA SOP. So if you were to enter a bird in a show as a "Calico", the judges would have no criteria to judge it to.

I'm sure you can tell by my questions I'm a newbie. Guess I had better purchase an ABA Standard in Indy! Is there a process in the ABA Std. as to how one might go about getting a color recognized?

AMERICAN BANTAM ASSOCIATION

REQUIREMENTS OF ADMISSION OF NEW BREEDS AND VARIETIES

The Standard Committee makes rules and sets fees.

All proposed changes in Bantam Standard are to be published in the Quarterly to all comment by members.

Qualifying meets for both new breeds and new varieties must be held at each of the shows hosting the ABA Annual or Semi-Annual Meets.

NEW BREED:

There must be a minimum of 25 birds in each variety to be qualified within the new breed, exhibited in 4 classes (cock,

hen, cockerel, pullet) by a minimum of 5 breeders.

NEW VARIETY:

There must be a minimum of 25 birds exhibited in 4 classes (cock, hen, cockerel, pullet) by a minimum of 5 breeders.

NO CHANGES are final until recommended by the Standard Committee and approved by a majority vote of the Board of Directors at an Annual or Semi-Annual Meeting.

AMERICAN POULTRY ASSOCIATON

ADMISSION OF NEW BREEDS AND VARIETIES

A petition for recognition of any breed or variety must be sent to the Secretary giving the history of it's origin, breeding background & facts of an educational nature.

Must include proposed name of breed or variety with the standard for shape, color and weight. Applications to both associations (ABA & APA) must be of the same description, etc.

Affidavits need be included from not less than five breeders that they have bred the breed or variety for not less than five years and it produces not less than 50% of all specimens reasonably true to type, color, size & comb.

Breeds or Varieties need to have been exhibited for two years prior at a show officiated by a licensed APA judge. The secretary will contact these judges for his or her confidential opinion of the quality and uniformity.

A $$ deposit of a sum sufficient to defray the actual cost of placing the text in the Standard shall be received with the petition to be returned if this case is rejected.

The petition will then be referred to the Standard committee who shall name a qualifying meet at a prominent show to be judged by a licensed APA judge.

This meet shall consist of not less than fifty (50) specimens exhibited by five (5) exhibitors in all classes of cock, hen, cockerel, pullet.

When satisfied the committee shall then recommend it's acceptance by the Board of Directors, upon which it becomes a recognized breed or variety.

Quote:
What a pretty girl! I think I love my Mille Fleur girls best of all my colors of Cochins. The males are flashy but I just love the pattern on the girls.

I have decided to sell the "Zohan", one of my MFC Roos. I just don't need him anymore, and I need to downsize for winter. Anybody need a nice Roo?

4saleZ7.jpg

4saleZ4.jpg

Zohan is very nice. All you people culling out roos I would love to have.

Awe well maybe next year.

So I already got the answer to this question from one MFC person. But just wanted to ask again and see what would happen if I bred a good type black roo to some MFC hens?

I am thinking I may just have to get hatching eggs again next spring.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom